The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

Quote from: mhunt on October 20, 2005, 09:17:04 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on October 20, 2005, 08:49:17 AM
really?
can you wear shorts, a tank top, & a pair of bedroom slippers to work if you want?

just because you arent allowed to come to work naked doesnt mean there is a 'dress code'

okay...how about a t-shirt, sweat pants, sneakers, & a baseball cap...can you wear that to work?

point is...most employers have some sort of dress code or dress policy.

yeah, so does the NBA, it's called shorts, jersey, sneakers and socks what they wear to work shouldn't matter

i know lots of guys who have to wear uniforms for their jobs and they wear what they wear to work and change in the locker room
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 20, 2005, 08:00:00 AM

Policy irks clothes-minded McNabb

McNabb clearly is irritated by the issue. Offended even. Not for himself, but for his fellow professional athletes - including his friend Allen Iverson.

hunt

Quote from: Sun_Mo on October 20, 2005, 09:20:36 AM
Quote from: mhunt on October 20, 2005, 09:17:04 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on October 20, 2005, 08:49:17 AM
really?
can you wear shorts, a tank top, & a pair of bedroom slippers to work if you want?

just because you arent allowed to come to work naked doesnt mean there is a 'dress code'

okay...how about a t-shirt, sweat pants, sneakers, & a baseball cap...can you wear that to work?

point is...most employers have some sort of dress code or dress policy.

yeah, so does the NBA, it's called shorts, jersey, sneakers and socks what they wear to work shouldn't matter

i know lots of guys who have to wear uniforms for their jobs and they wear what they wear to work and change in the locker room

obviously, the "job" of an nba players includes more than just playing in the games...it includes public appearances, giving interviews, representing the team at various functions, etc.
i really can't believe anyone would support these pampered, whiney, millionaires on this issue...it's their job.  either follow the policies or go work at 7-11.
and i bet 7-11 has a dress policy too.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

ice grillin you

point is...most employers have some sort of dress code or dress policy

the dress code should correlate to the position...a steam fitter isnt going to wear the same attire as a lawyer...

the nba has spent the better part of the last decade promoting the nba to the hip-hop nation...has used the players in commercials in that aspect...plays beats during all timeouts in every arena...halftime shows are often some sort of hip-hop dance performance...al morganti just pointed that hell the sixers mascot is named hip-hop...yet now all of a sudden stern wants all that gone??...not a chance...hell continue to pimp that culture to put money in the leagues pocket but hes going to tell the players to quit it

like the great chuck d said...

i like nike but wait a minute...the neighborhood supports so put some money in it...
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

[rainbow coalition]It's racism, pure and simple.[/rainbow coalition]

:-D

MURP

I really dont give a shtein what they have to wear considering it doesnt affect anything important.  I just think its funny that David Stern makes this rule since it is the whole hip hop culture that has brought such a flow of cash to the NBA from merchandising etc.  bite the hand that feeds after you have made billions is a bit hypocritical. 

hunt

if this policy reduces the number of stupid white kids walking around my neighborhood wearing oversized jeans, wifebeaters, & do-rags, i'm all for it. :-D

MURP

why do you care what the kids in the neighborhood wear?

hunt

Quote from: MURP on October 20, 2005, 09:52:06 AM
why do you care what the kids in the neighborhood wear?

they bring down the property value. 8)

MURP

Diomedes

I have to wear a suit to work.  I don't wish it on anyone.  What a pain in the ass.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

WEST is GOD

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on October 20, 2005, 07:28:56 AM
They can look like punks and thugs on their on time.

When they're representing their team, city and league, they should dress like professionals.

"Business casual attire" is the requirement.  Oh, dear... how will they ever conform to such stringent rules?

::)

You are one ignorant dude. You really need to get out into the real world, because you have no idea what a thug is. You are one angry, depressed individual.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 20, 2005, 08:06:49 AM
do you pay for the clothes you wear to work???

yeah...but my work doesnt have a dress code...and if they tried to impose one id tell them to buy me the clothes...but they wouldnt do that

what really makes this policy racist is the no chains outside the clothes rule...are you tellin me no female employees can wear a necklace outside their top...

Ok, explain how this is racist. 

How many women play in the NBA?  I don't even know why you brought women up. 

Also, the policy is in effect for everyone.  Not just black people, not just white people, not just hispanics.  It applies to everyone. 

I think it's a stupid policy but you (and any player) are just being a freaking idiot for bringing race into it. 

rjs246

A boss telling his subordinates to dress like professionals is totally racist.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

You are one ignorant dude. You really need to get out into the real world, because you have no idea what a thug is.

lol...truer words have never been spoken

Ok, explain how this is racist. 

How many women play in the NBA?  I don't even know why you brought women up. 

im asking if a white woman...who say works in the sixers front office...is allowed to wear a chain outside of her blouse..im pretty certain she is...but iverson isnt allowed to wear one over his shirt

Also, the policy is in effect for everyone.  Not just black people, not just white people, not just hispanics.  It applies to everyone. 

it applies to all but was instituted because of few

A boss telling his subordinates to dress like professionals is totally racist.

the players dont work for david stern

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous