The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

Little bit of a shocker there eh?

ice grillin you

unusual in that you don't  see direct competitors make trades like this but not surprising at all because Celtics had by far the most assets of any team to put together a package
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

phattymatty

wow i didn't see the rest of the package. boston got fleeced.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: phattymatty on August 22, 2017, 09:15:14 PM
kyrie. boston globe. lol.

I see what you did there.  And I dig it. 

MDS

pretty great trade for the cavs considering lebron and kyrie could never be on the same team
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: phattymatty on August 22, 2017, 09:36:51 PM

Yeah they did:
The Cleveland Cavaliers have agreed to send Kyrie Irving to the Boston Celtics in a deal for Isaiah Thomas, league sources told The Vertical.

The Celtics are sending Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic and Brooklyn's 2018 first-round pick to Cleveland, league sources told The Vertical.

Irvings a better player than Thomas but they're definitely comparable.

ice grillin you

Isaiah Thomas
Quote from: SD on August 22, 2017, 10:34:17 PM
Quote from: phattymatty on August 22, 2017, 09:36:51 PM
Irvings a better player than Thomas but they're definitely comparable.

no they aren't plus kyrie is five years younger with more team control....IT also has a chronic hip injury

it's really hard to see IT even being on the cavs in a year...which is why they insisted on getting the draft pick...I think it's a classic good trade for both teams but i always will go with the team that got the best player

SD

Thomas played more games than Irving did the last two seasons, their ppr/fg%/rebounds/assists are similar. They're certainly compatible. If I had to chose between the two I'd take Irving no doubt but the Cavs got the better end of that deal.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on August 23, 2017, 06:31:39 AM
Thomas played more games than Irving did the last two seasons,

he hurt the hip in this years playoffs

Quote from: SD on August 23, 2017, 06:31:39 AM
their ppr/fg%/rebounds/assists are similar

postseason says hello...kyrie has been a superstar in not just the playoffs but the actual nba finals...5'9 guys are generally a detriment in the playoffs...IT's shooting %'s fall off a cliff in the postseason...hes just too small...kyries actually go up a tad

trust me....IT and kyrie are not even close to being on the same level as players....and that would be the case if everything else like age contract status and health were all equal which they arent

Rome

Please never post "trust me" again. 

Because Trump.

Thx. 

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Rome on August 23, 2017, 07:31:10 AM
Please never post "trust me" again. 

Because Trump.

Thx. 

This is solid advice.  Believe me, ok?

Sgt PSN

And igy is spot on.  Kyrie and IT aren't remotely comparable.  IT is good.  Really good even.  But he has some deficiencies that Kyrie doesn't, especially on the defensive end of the court and that's an area that Cleveland already needed to try and improve on, but they're considerably weaker now. 

That said, I still think Boston gave up too much.  Usually when you've got a situation like this involving a disgruntled player, the team that trades for him typically ends up paying pennies on the dollar.  Don't really think that was the case here.  I won't say Boston got fleeced because they got an undeniably great PG, but Cleveland made out really farging well all things considered. 

phattymatty

they are equally terrible on D so that's an odd thing to point out.

kyrie >>> IT but still the cavs had no business getting that much back.  kyrie is basically worth that BK pick. and to get IT and crowder is just a crazy bonus.

not saying i don't like this for the celtics either because I do but somehow having too many assets is making danny ainge a tad retarded.