Political Hippo Circle Jerk - America, farg YEAH!

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, December 11, 2006, 01:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

I watched none of either of the dog and pony shoes tonight but from what I've read of course Cheeto Dick was unhinged. I'm sure he will be bragging about ratings. Hopefully it tanked.

Voted today. Took five minutes. Can't wait until Nov 3rd.

Eagaholic

I like your optimism Jay if you think this will be decided Nov 3. If the likes of Al Gore would take a decision all the way to the supreme court, I  imagine trump has had his counsel working nonstop for months on every contingency and loophole he could possibly exploit, even in a land slide loss. One thing I'm curious about is if he can legally have his White House counsel work on this on our dime. On a side note, in 2000 the supreme court ultimately ruled 5-4 in favor of Bush, along lines of ideology.

General_Failure

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 16, 2020, 12:13:52 AM
I watched none of either of the dog and pony shoes tonight but from what I've read of course Cheeto Dick was unhinged.

He bit on a satire article from the Babylon Bee about Twitter shutting down to slow the spread of negative news about Biden.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

It's better than that...he TWEETED that TWITTER was shut down....
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

To be fair, because we're about about fairness to scum I guess, Twitter was broken last night.

PhillyPhreak54

This makes me smile. Gaetz has been balls deep on Cheeto forever and he doesn't even know his name

https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/status/1317217849862103040 21

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Eagaholic on October 16, 2020, 06:36:59 AM
I like your optimism Jay if you think this will be decided Nov 3. If the likes of Al Gore would take a decision all the way to the supreme court, I  imagine trump has had his counsel working nonstop for months on every contingency and loophole he could possibly exploit, even in a land slide loss. One thing I'm curious about is if he can legally have his White House counsel work on this on our dime. On a side note, in 2000 the supreme court ultimately ruled 5-4 in favor of Bush, along lines of ideology.

I'm hopeful that it's a big enough margin where there isn't any footing for them to grab onto to try to make it a court related issue. If it's razor thin then yeah it'll be awhile.

It also comes down to does he have enough support to help him find loopholes or court paths? I seem to be reading about a lot of "insiders" jumping ship.

MDS

i know in PA they cannot start counting ballots until ED...all ballots coming in are being essentially checked and processed but not "counted." so if you vote by mail you know relatively quickly if your vote is good to go. but it is not counted. where as colorado and other states they will have a massive results dump right at poll close because they are counting them bitches as they come in.

what i dont know is how long it will take counties to run these ballots and physically count them. can they do 100,000 ballots in a day? *most* of the people i text for the campaign have their ballots in or are planning on doing it soon.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

Larry Hogan wrote in Ronald Reagan as his vote for president.

Dumbshtein

Eagaholic

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 16, 2020, 07:23:57 PM
Quote from: Eagaholic on October 16, 2020, 06:36:59 AM

I'm hopeful that it's a big enough margin where there isn't any footing for them to grab onto to try to make it a court related issue. If it's razor thin then yeah it'll be awhile.

It also comes down to does he have enough support to help him find loopholes or court paths? I seem to be reading about a lot of "insiders" jumping ship.
I think a lot of people are wising up and see how trump eventually brings down almost everyone he associates with, like Sopranos or Godfather. It would be hilarious if he actually had to pin his hopes on Guiliani to keep him out of prison because nobody else would touch it. Still, probably just wishful thinking because some just see the dollars signs flashing and bite.

PhillyPhreak54

I'm curious to see if charges are brought eventually on him or anyone in his circle.

General_Failure

Diomedes

Zero chance he sees a minute in prison.  His kids though....
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Will also not see a minute in prison. I don't know what makes any of you suddenly think the Democratic party is going to grow a set of teeth.