The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

lol @ the guy who gladly went to a nascar race telling people to stop watching basketball

you are a disgrace to philadelphia
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on February 22, 2011, 12:32:02 PM
Caring less about the NBA would be an excellent start for some of you.

vrooom vrooom!!!

Quote from: DH on February 22, 2011, 12:24:46 PM
whats really funny is knicks fans still reference the 90s as the decade that could have been had it not been for jordan, yet when he took his two years off, they still didnt win.

yeah if i was a knick fan i think i would pretend the final against the rockets never happened
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: MDS on February 22, 2011, 12:35:13 PM
lol @ the guy who gladly went to a nascar race telling people to stop watching basketball

going to a NASCAR race around the corner from your house for free vs. paying for Sixers tickets

not sure who wins that one

Sgt PSN

I didn't do either.  So I win. 

MDS

Quote from: FastFreddie on February 22, 2011, 12:59:44 PM

going to a NASCAR race around the corner from your house for free vs. paying for Sixers tickets

the person who sees an actual sport, not cars driving in circles for 6 hours

and this isnt even about paying vs not paying, its about someone who claims to be from philly who mocks pro basketball but openly goes to auto racing events.

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on February 22, 2011, 12:59:44 PM

it depends on if you are team MA or team coast...i would say 90% of nascar fans dont like sports and 0% of them like the nba so its not hard to figure thats the way they would go...on the flip side an nba fan wouldnt be caught dead at a neck race either

the only good thing about the daytona 500 is that nascar is giving out free tickets to its superbowl so maybe this means its 15 minutes are over

PhillyPhreak54

So what is Brad Daughtery's excuse!?

Played in NBA + black dude + NASCAR commentator

ice grillin you

a mysterious enigmatic negro wrapped inside of a rebel flag

i also dont think hes an nba fan...id be shocked if he watched it at all

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 22, 2011, 01:29:55 PM
it depends on if you are team MA or team coast...i would say 90% of nascar fans dont like sports and 0% of them like the nba so its not hard to figure thats the way they would go...on the flip side an nba fan wouldnt be caught dead at a neck race either

the only good thing about the daytona 500 is that nascar is giving out free tickets to its superbowl so maybe this means its 15 minutes are over

I don't like/watch NASCAR but you couldn't be more wrong.  I know/have known countless racing fans who are big time into other sports, including NBA.  Also, NASCAR has been around for about 60 years and gets more popular each year.  Not exactly 15 minutes if you ask me. 

But hey, keep throwing out these made up percentages and spewing about things you clearly don't know about as if they were fact.  It's what you're good at. 

ice grillin you

gearheads dont like sports...thats fact not mine or anyone elses opinion...of course there are exceptions but thats where the 10% comes in

MDS

also nascar doesnt get more popular by the year...its ratings and interest levels were way down last year and over the past few years and theyve been desperate to get back to where they were

the only human being i know who loves nascar is my editor....hes big time into other sports but really is not much of an nba/basketball fan

ice grillin you

youll find gearheads who like football because it goes hand in hand with the whole macho im super manly steeze...but other than that they generally like cars busch beer and not much else

MDS

this dude is not that...hes also big into soccer

which means your baseless stereotypes that i want to mindlessly agree with dont necessarily apply in this situation

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MDS on February 22, 2011, 02:26:05 PM
also nascar doesnt get more popular by the year...its ratings and interest levels were way down last year and over the past few years and theyve been desperate to get back to where they were

While it wouldn't explain the ratings drop on tv, a large portion of their fanbase is poor/low middle class people and in a crappy economy, I'm sure that has something to do with any drops in merchandise, ticket sales, etc.  But I believe their overall revenue is about as strong as it's ever been, especially from a sponsor standpoint.  I'll believe that NASCAR is in any type of serious trouble when they start losing a lot of their major corporate sponsors like Tide, Hardee's, Lowes, etc.   

MDS

i have no clue if thats true or not but for sports tv ratings and ticket sales are the ways they determine popularity

a crappy economy could be the cause of a drop in ticket sales, which may be true for the nba and nfl, but both those sports' tv ratings are way up. baseball on the other hand is a seen a drop in national tv ratings but ticket sales remain fairly strong considering everything.

meanwhile, nascar is down in both.