The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 08, 2010, 11:53:38 PM
Heat trading Beasley to Minny

2 years after being the #2 overall pick, he was traded for a 2nd-rd pick next year and a swap of future 1sts

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 08, 2010, 09:42:36 PM
David Lee now goes to GS from NY for 6yrs/$80M in a sign and trade...not sure who is coming back, but I would guess Monta Ellis

Anthony Randolph, Ronny Turiaf and Kelenna Azubuike

and the Nets responded to losing out on LeBron and Wall by giving $35M to Travis Outlaw

hbionic

Le Bron, D-Wade, Bosh, nobody, nobody  vs. Kobe, Artest, Odom, Gasol, Bynum

Sounds good to me.  :evil

Awesome that they traded Beasley. They need to afford those three fargers somehow.

This is panning out well....Boston has reloaded, Orlando is pissed...they can beat each other the farg up all throughout the Eastern Conference playoffs...Lakers should cruise into the W.C. Finals...and hopefully the Finals.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Rome

Quote from: King Cole on July 08, 2010, 11:50:15 PM
Actually, I'm going to brag about me being correct as usual all year, while people like you sit back with built-up jealousy of both my superior intelligence and amazing basketball analytical skills.

So when the Heat win 65 games and lose 17 you'll be bragging 17 times and totally absent (as usual) the other 65?

Sounds like a win win for us no matter what.

DH

Mike Miller signed a 5 year deal w Miami overnight. I was always a fan of his and now he will thrive.

Oh, and Cole - you're an idiot. Plain and simple.

reese125

how fat is a Kobe, James, Wade, Bosh finals? off the charts ridiculous. the NBA just got better over night. the hour long shtein was unnecessary, but he is the face of the nba- already an all-time great and pulled some big time scholarships for his charity on all this hype. how can you blame the guy for taking advantage of another business opportunity gone good-- not to mention taking less money to win?

this was an extremely rare FA class, and if the opp is there (which is never) to join forces with those guys..peace see ya cleveland. wade, james and bosh are jealous as farg right now of Kobe and are desperate to get to his level.

1-the only thing this town should be worrying about instead of writing corny-ass hate articles of Lebron is the how this signing puts the Sixers back for at least 5-7 yrs+.
2-Iggy should be on plenty of teams radar with this kind of signing..hell... ed stef should be picking up the phone.
3-sixers might be able to get 2 max deals in 2013. Yay?
4-knicks will get carmelo no question, recruit tony parker w/stoudemire and its on in the east.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: reese125 on July 09, 2010, 09:55:13 AM
the NBA just got better over night.

Except you're wrong. The NBA is looked at as a joke by so many people right now after this abomination.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

reese125

not wrong what-so-ever sweetheart. you see that spectacle last night--brilliant marketing of a sport. much more heads will tune in to see 2 true superstars play together.

every team will now be chasing a supposed dynasty-- and not the lakers or celtics anymore. it doesnt get any better.

charlie

You're both wrong. I thought the NBA was a joke before this, and i watched 20 minutes of the announcement, and i think it's still a joke afterwards.

reese125

thats because you dont know shtein about basketball. you look at it as a black athlete trying to out-do everyone, I look it at as better court play.

Rome

James is an attentionwhore, the NBA sucks and I want to eat the burger that Ed posted in the crappy meal thread.

The end.

rjs246

In my opinion the NBA just added a team to the very short list of teams that will vie for a championship each year. There is no parity in the league, which is why people think its a joke. You essentially know which teams will compete. The play at the top levels probably just got better or more interesting or whatever, but unless you're rooting for Boston, LA, Orlando or Miami (and possibly a handful of others) you know for a fact that your team won't win shtein and that is a bad place for the league to be.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

charlie

Quote from: reese125 on July 09, 2010, 10:09:04 AM
thats because you dont know shtein about basketball. you look at it as a black athlete trying to out-do everyone, I look it at as better court play.

You're so... intellectual.

reese125

Quote from: rjs246 on July 09, 2010, 10:12:36 AM
In my opinion the NBA just added a team to the very short list of teams that will vie for a championship each year. There is no parity in the league, which is why people think its a joke. You essentially know which teams will compete. The play at the top levels probably just got better or more interesting or whatever, but unless you're rooting for Boston, LA, Orlando or Miami (and possibly a handful of others) you know for a fact that your team won't win shtein and that is a bad place for the league to be.

disagree...and the parity thing is so friggin overplayed. the great thing about the nba is the powerhouse franchises can change (detroit and san antonio were once up there not long ago)--theres your parity. people want to see the best athletes on the court that make the most entertaining 5-7 playoff games...not the washington wizards just because.

charlie

Reece knows what people want.

rjs246

Hard core NBA fans probably agree with reese. Fans-in-passing who just root for their home team, like me, will strongly disagree.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.