The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

Quote from: reese125 on January 12, 2008, 04:56:17 PM
no doubt about it. the guy is so friggin athletic around the basket.

Im jeaous you were there

first time and it's a very cool experience.  much bigger production than most sporting events.  kind of a broadway feel to it.  lots of celebs in attendance.  they kept showing eric estrada on the big screen.  nikki hilton showed up on the kiss cam with some schmuck and everyone boo'd her.

the funniest part was that they do a promotion where if the lakers win and keep the opponent under 100, everyone in the crowd gets 2 tacos from jack in the box.  lakers were up by a bunch with about 2 minutes left, bucks had like 95 and the whole place started a "we want tacos" chant.  pretty funny.  then the bucks were at 98 or 99, and down by like 12 points with about 10 seconds left.  instead of giving in, they foul the lakers just to get a chance to beak 100 and screw the crowd out of their tacos.  they drained a 3 with a few seconds left to break 100 and they crowd went absolutely nuts with anger over not getting their tacos.  easily the loudest the crowd was all night.  it was awesome. 

reese125

reese125

Marcus Camby finished Thursday's game against the Jazz with a monstrous double-double of 24 rebounds and 11 blocked shots, both tying career-highs.

f-in animal

reese125

Dwight Howard, defending champion Gerald Green, Jamario Moon and Rudy Gay were announced as the four candidates in this season's Slam Dunk contest.

The contest will be held Feb. 16 during All-Star Saturday night in New Orleans and there will be a slight rule change. After the final round of dunks, fans can vote by text message or on NBA.com to determine the winner. A panel of judges will decide which two dunkers advance to the finals

Geowhizzer

The dunk contest is a pitiful shadow of what it used to be.

QB Eagles

Sgt PSN

BigEd76

Starters for the All-Star game:

EAST = Kidd, Wade, LeBron, KG, Howard

WEST = AI, Kobe, Melo, Duncan, Yao

phattymatty

so the hornets are in 1st in the west?  wow, talk about flying under the radar.  i had no idea.

SunMo

yeah, i saw that last night...it's pretty incredible.  i guess all those people who said Eddie Jordan was the real reason for those good Nets teams and not Byron Scott have to feel a little silly.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

phattymatty

well san francisco and chris webber are a pretty good match.

PoopyfaceMcGee

phattymatty

MDS

Webber is the biggest loser of all time. Having him on your team guarantees you will never win a title.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.