The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dillen

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on July 30, 2007, 12:29:41 PM
It's stupid to get one of the best players in the NBA for Jefferson, Rondo & Theo Huxtable?  Are you high, Dillen?
What the hell are they going to do with him? It would be like the Browns trading Joe Thomas and Brady Quinn for Marvin Harrison. It's all fine and dandy, except you're giving away your entire future for a short term fix that doesn't even do the necessary fixing.

Rome

I don't see how Al Jefferson & Rajon Rondo represent the entire future of the Celtics.  Jefferson's a good player and Rondo is a backup point guard whereas Garnett is a superstar.  Regardless, neither Jefferson nor Rondo are irreplaceable.

Saying the trade is questionable because you don't know if Garnett will be there long-term is fine.  Saying it's farging stupid because they're trading Jefferson & Rondo for him is another thing - at least from my perspective.

I happen to like Garnett quite a bit - certainly a lot more than most people here.  They'd have Paul Pierce, Ray Allen & Kevin Garnett.  You don't think that makes them a playoff contender?  I do.

Dillen

Jefferson is already one of the best big men in the league and the East has a grand total of 5 good big men or so. He's still only 22 years old and should only get better. 16 and 11 in his first season where he actually got playing time is really, really impressive. Rondo's nothing special now, but he's got everything to be another Tony Parker. Maybe saying Rondo is a big part of their future is premature because he hasn't even shown what he can do, but trading Jefferson would be a huge mistake.

Pierce, Allen and Garnett definitely makes them a playoff team, especially in the East. But these are 3 guys who have always been the #1 option their entire career. All three of them won't be happy. There won't be a good player on their team other than those three because all of their salaries together is pretty much the entire salary cap. Not to mention Pierce and Allen are both getting hurt more and more.

Sure, Boston is going to be a much better team. Still, they won't come even close to a title and in two years both Garnett and Allen will be 34+ years old and making 3 times as much as they're worth.

Rome

I disagree especially about Rondo.   But you already know that, so whatever.

The BIGSTUD

This still won't make Boston the best in the east.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

ice grillin you

lololol @ romey

pretty sure you watched zero nba games last year

rondo has played one year and made the all nba 2nd team rookie...he showed a lot and is absolutely their point guard of the future

jefferson has all the makings of becoming a star center

so you trade your center and point guard of the future but you dont trade your future...im confused

there not enough balls in the spalding factory for that team now...if they get garnett it will become laughable...not to mention they probably have the worst defensive team in the nba if they make the trade

plus by default its a bad trade if danny ainge is making it

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

The BIGSTUD

Now that the Celtics dealt for Ray Allen though it doesn't make it as bad as if they just stayed at #5 and took a young player.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

SunMo

didn't Garnett say he didn't want to go to Boston and would opt out at the end of the year?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

The BIGSTUD

He wants to now that they got Ray Allen and rumors are the Celtics are gonna give him 5 years for 120 mil.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

The BIGSTUD

The Herald says it's essentially done

One involved source said the final package will have the Celts sending Al Jefferson, Ryan Gomes, Gerald Green, Sebastian Telfair, Theo Ratliff and a No. 1 pick to Minnesota to acquire Garnett.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: King Cole on July 30, 2007, 04:24:08 PM
One involved source said the final package will have the Celts sending Al Jefferson, Ryan Gomes, Gerald Green, Sebastian Telfair, Theo Ratliff and a No. 1 pick to Minnesota to acquire Garnett.
:-D  Thats even worse.  Ainge should be burned at the stake
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

The BIGSTUD

When the Celtics dealt for Ray Allen I guess they kinda have to do it now. But obviously with trades like this if they don't work out they hit and hit hard.

If KG doesn't get them to a title, and everyone knows it won't, because even if they win the east the top 5 west teams would smoke them. Then they are back at square one again.

phattymatty

Quote from: King Cole on July 30, 2007, 04:24:08 PM
The Herald says it's essentially done

thats ridiculous.  no chance they give up 6 players for one.  and then what does minnesota do with all of the extra players?  jefferson and green are both going to be really good.  ainge is starting to make billy king look like a good GM.