2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

In a couple of years, she will be added to the list with Britney Spears, the Olsen twins, and Lindsay Lohan:  Girls who became immediately boring as hell once they turned 18.

For now, though...
Quote from: BigEd76 on August 04, 2008, 01:09:43 PM
omgmileycyrus

And to keep things on topic, who wants to bet the Phillies gain an all-important 1/2 game tonight on the Braves and/or Nationals?!?

MDS

or we could talk about how much jimmy rollins blows
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Jimmy Rollins at the plate = Ryan Howard in the field

mpmcgraw

Quote from: Wingspan on August 04, 2008, 10:00:47 AM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on August 04, 2008, 09:46:20 AM
Quote from: Wingspan on August 04, 2008, 08:10:16 AM

I never "preached" about velocity either. Which, by the way...is not there for him and hasn't been all season.

He's been consistently clocking mid 90's all year. If you want to make a case for his location and movement on his fastball being off you'd probably have a better argument.

It's the same thing. In houston he constistantly clocked in the mid to upper 90's. He's lost some velocity...which has affected the movement on his fastball. Losing some velocity is not a criticism. It happens to all power pitchers at some point...
Losing velocity does not effect the movement on your fastball.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: FastFreddie on August 04, 2008, 01:12:42 PM
In a couple of years, she will be added to the list with Britney Spears, the Olsen twins, and Lindsay Lohan:  Girls who became immediately boring as hell once they turned 18.

For now, though...
Quote from: BigEd76 on August 04, 2008, 01:09:43 PM
omgmileycyrus

And to keep things on topic, who wants to bet the Phillies gain an all-important 1/2 game tonight on the Braves and/or Nationals?!?

yeah, but Lohan turned out to be gay....isnt' that all newsworthy for you guys and stuff? lol
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

A hot chick? Yes.

Lohan is far from hot. I'd rather pick up a hooker.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 04, 2008, 06:24:44 PM
A hot chick? Yes.

Lohan is far from hot. I'd rather pick up a hooker.

And what's worse, Samantha Ronson looks like Eric Bruntlett before the beard:

Oh, and Lindsay and Samantha are apparently engaged.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

It looks like Moyer's going to lose to the Marlins.  Ruh roh.

PhillyPhreak54

Ryan Howard's defense is goddamn farging ridiculous.

Holy farging hell...FIELD YOUR POSITION.

Thank god the Marlins are stupid iceholes. They are being given a shtein load of runners by Moyer and its only 2-0. They should be lucky that it isn't 7-0 now.

MDS

Geowhizzer

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Geowhizzer on August 05, 2008, 09:17:25 PM
Who in the hell is Les Walrond?

He had a complete game SO with 17 Ks for the Iron Pigs in July

PhillyPhreak54

And he comes in and walks guys.

And then Greg farging Dobbs is playing on the goddamn grass or close to it with Amezaga up and the bases loaded with 2 outs. A fister gets over his head. He would have caught it if he was playing back like he is supposed to.

And then Wheels defends him playing in saying how Amezaga could bunt there. HELLO WHEELS! TWO OUTS AND THE BASES LOADED.

And now that shteinbag Ruiz gets a hit. Soooooooooooo Taguchi coming up.

I hate this team.

Rome