2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Myers pitched well tonight, and should have two outs on that muff by Utley.

BigEd76

Rome

reese125

Manny for Burrell makes absolute sense

if you want to get worse in the outfield and crush team chemistry (if there is any now).

LBIggle

2-1.. at least myers didn't implode.

manny for burrell would be a lateral move except that he makes like 8 million more this year.

if they can get him without trading burrell.. do it yesterday.  if their not going to land a starter.. then do something that would actually help.

Geowhizzer

Manny + Burrell in the OF = Major defensive disaster.

PhillyPhreak54

Good to see Myers throw like that tonight. As far as movement and location and velocity went he did what he should have done. He let them make contact and kept himself out of trouble.

Manny would be great. But I do not want to give up Burrell. Never though I would say that.

MDS

Well you can't have both of them, Billy Bob. So it's one or the other. Manny is obviously the better talent, but he's crazy. Burrell just whores around and does lots of coke. I choose him.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

mpmcgraw

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: MDS on July 30, 2008, 12:53:49 AM
Well you can't have both of them, Billy Bob. So it's one or the other. Manny is obviously the better talent, but he's crazy. Burrell just whores around and does lots of coke. I choose him.

Yeah, in general, Burrell is basically a poor man's Manny.  Except he's probably actually better in the field.

Unless the Sox were willing to pay a huge chunk of Manny's salary, I don't see the point.  And I REALLY don't see the point of trading for Manny without giving up Burrell.  Starting both of them would be a disaster in the outfield.

PhillyPhanInDC

Was at the game last night with decent seats, about ten rows up from third base. I've gotta say, for a brand new park, I was thoroughly disappointed with it, especially when compared to CBP. Nats park has all the usual vendors, and that was it. There was some stupid thing called the "Red Porch" in center field, but that was basically a big ass concrete veranda with a tiny shtein little bar. It seemed like they designed the park with good angles and all the right architectural details, then said farg it when it came to outfitting the place.

As usual, Washington fans are a farging joke. First year of a brand new park and with a division opponent coming to town, and the park looked to be about at 50% capacity when the first pitch was thrown. A lot of the people that were that did show up were typical "got-the-tickets" from work business types in suits who talked on their cell phones for about 70% of the time. It was t-shirt night, and twice the P.A asked for everyone to wave their shirts, and I think I counted less than fifty being waved at any given moment.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

PoopyfaceMcGee

50% capacity isn't bad for a team firmly in last place on a Tuesday night.

ice grillin you

yeah i didnt think the crowd was bad at all...it was much worse for the last series

i agree about the stadium in general it has a barren unfinished look and the bank shteins all over it...but i love the red porch...last series me and matty got the $5 seats and just stood out there the whole game
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhanInDC

We hung out in the Red Porch deal for about an inning or so, then moved back down to our seats. There is so much space up there and such a tiny bar, and again, it looked totally desolate for the most part, no TVs, zesty little tables that you could move around, and flat gray paint everywhere. Other then getting to watch the Phils in person for only the second time this season, we were pretty stoked to go and check out the new stadium. It was terrible.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

phattymatty

the only reason that there were as many people last night as there were is because they do t-shirt tuesdays. 

and obviously compared to RFK the new place is great, but for a brand new stadium there is nothing special about it.  i guess there's one section that gives you a great view of the capitol but i have yet to see that.  mostly just see zesty unused smokestacks. 

and i like the red porch deal too, just don't throw cups at the command center.