2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

Quote from: SunMo on May 30, 2008, 08:05:09 PM
i thought maybe a big lead would make myers more comfortable when he comes back out...nope he just sucks

Cole
Moyer
Kendrick
aids
Eaton
Myers

Your love for Eaton is strange.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

SunMo

Quote from: PhillyGirl on May 30, 2008, 08:11:25 PM
Quote from: SunMo on May 30, 2008, 08:05:09 PM
i thought maybe a big lead would make myers more comfortable when he comes back out...nope he just sucks

Cole
Moyer
Kendrick
aids
Eaton
Myers

Your love for Eaton is strange.

it's not even love, but anybody with a half a brain can see that eaton's been decent this year...you can't get over last year, which makes you a worse negative fan than anybody because you are like those dopes in the stands that boo a guy when he's playing well because they remember when he played like shtein.  here's the deal, you criticize when they suck, cheer when they do well...right now eaton doesn't suck, and for the #5 pitcher in the rotation...that's good enough.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

looks like that hick wifebeater has calmed his trashy little skinhead ass down. looks like.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on May 30, 2008, 08:24:17 PM
looks like that hick wifebeater has calmed his trashy little skinhead ass down. looks like.

seven runs (and now 11) will do that...i dont think i ever wanna see myers in a tough situation again tho...hes got no toughness which would explain why he beats on women
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

he was decent as a closer though, so that somewhat debunks that theory

ice grillin you

being a closer doesnt automatically make you tough...it might take a different mindset but theres plenty of people that have saved 20 games once in their life who arent tough

tough is being over a hundred pitches and having a guy in scoring poisition in the 8th inning of a tie game and having to get him out...or getting into a jam by hitting someone and your 2b butchering a ball to put two on with one out...then ignoring what just happend and striking out a couple couple guys to get out of it

myers is front running women beater

PoopyfaceMcGee

8 IP
117 pitches (75 strikes)
11 K's
3 BB's
6 hits
3 ER

If he could rock that every start, I'd be happy.

Rome

The three runs Myers gave up shouldn't have been all earned runs either.  I mean, how does Burrell not get an error on that lazy fly ball he butchered?

He pulled a Ricky Watters on that play.

On the other hand, how hot is this offense right now?  Good God - opposing pitchers must be pooping in their pants at the prospect of facing these fools.

Sgt PSN

If a pitcher gives up 3 runs in the first inning and then settles down and pitches a solid game without giving up another run, does that mean he's got some mental toughness? 

ice grillin you

no....i can pitch with an eight run lead...also id say he pitched more than a solid game...he pitched an excellent game

Rome

The Marlins had a chance to completely destroy Myers last night and let him off the hook by being undisciplined at the plate.  Uggla watched Myers walk the man in front of him on four pitches, so of course, the first pitch he sees he swings at, pops up, and thereby lets Myers compose himself a little.

It's inexcusable that a player who has reached the Major Leagues would do that, especially a guy who's as hot at the plate and talented overall as Uggla is, but that's what massive expansion has done to the level of play.   Players come to the Majors without enough seasoning to avoid making the most fundamental mistakes on the field and in the box.

MDS

second crap start in a row from hamels. what a Hoyda.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76