2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

They really don't have to "pitch" to Howard, becase he's swinging at just about everything.  42 Ks and 18 walks - more than 2 to 1.

SunMo

you're actually asking why they don't try something new with the lineup?

der...

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

they really should screw with burrell's place in the lineup.  you know, because we know how well he deals with change and how he never careens off course when everything isn't just right in his world.

also - there's no way howard's going to start hitting again either.  in fact, ship his ass to allentown before it's too late.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on May 03, 2008, 01:54:22 PM
in the least it would give utley a shot vs. a righty or burrell a shot vs. a lefty. also howard is just plain brutal at this point and doesnt deserve the extra at-bat.

choke dog isnt gonna hit no matter where in the lineup he is
plus utley hits over .300 vs lefties
if it aint broke dont fix it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

Its not about Howard hitting its about having a left/right/left 3/4/5 and utilizing Burrell who's on fire.

MDS

that and getting burrell a chance at an extra at bat.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

left right left doesnt matter since utleys hits lefties
like rome said burrell is on fire so is utley arguably the two hottest hitters in the majors...why would you change that

these three guys have been in these spots have crushed the ball since last june and have the phillies off to their best start since john kruk had his nut removed and you wanna change people around just because choke is struggling....no thanks

Rome

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on May 03, 2008, 02:32:27 PM

lol you dont farg with lineups to get a five hitter an extra at bat...anyway unless you bat him in the first three theres no guarantee hes getting extra at bats and even if he did it would be so inconsequential to the point that its ridiculous to even suggest the move for that reason

also why do you want burell getting walked ahead of a guy who casnt even see the ball right now

Rome

Quotealso why do you want burell getting walked ahead of a guy who casnt even see the ball right now

that's a thinker.

Wingspan

Quote from: SunMo on May 03, 2008, 02:05:41 PM

der...

And every time he does something new with the lineup, he gets blasted.

Charlie Manuel and Joe Banner could collectively cure cancer, and you and igy would get on their case for not curing diabetes at the same time.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Wingspan

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 03, 2008, 12:29:32 AM
Howard's K in the 10th was not a strike. It was nice to see him finally go off a little bit. Get angry Ryan.

The ump's strike zone was all over the place in the 8th-10th innings. That is what Howard yelled about. He was called out looking 2 at bats in a row, both were "close pitches" but one was insider corner (8th inning i believe) and one was outside (10th inning). Howards arguement was that a pitcher can't have it both ways. And howard was right. 99% of the time the ump will give one of those call to the pitcher, but not both.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

SunMo

Quote from: Wingspan on May 03, 2008, 02:49:54 PM
Quote from: SunMo on May 03, 2008, 02:05:41 PM

der...

And every time he does something new with the lineup, he gets blasted.

Charlie Manuel and Joe Banner could collectively cure cancer, and you and igy would get on their case for not curing diabetes at the same time.

wah
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 03, 2008, 02:37:40 PM

lol you dont farg with lineups to get a five hitter an extra at bat...anyway unless you bat him in the first three theres no guarantee hes getting extra at bats and even if he did it would be so inconsequential to the point that its ridiculous to even suggest the move for that reason

also why do you want burell getting walked ahead of a guy who casnt even see the ball right now

the first game in which howard bats in the 9th with 2 outs and obviously k's, im blamin you. you never know when getting that extra ab can help. i dont think moving a guy one spot up and one spot down is gonna really mess things up. if choke dog ever gets going, then its moot. but at this point, i dont see how you can justify having him in the middle of the order. or playing him against lhp.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on May 03, 2008, 03:52:35 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on May 03, 2008, 02:37:40 PM

the first game in which howard bats in the 9th with 2 outs and obviously k's, im blamin you. you never know when getting that extra ab can help.

you never do know that is true and its also the problem with moving people in the order because of something that happens that rarely...on the other hand you know exactly when burrell is getting walked so the pitcher can k choke...i can guarantee you my scenario of burrell being walked will happen ten times more often than howard getting up in the 9th with two outs and a runner in scoring position because hes batting 4th instead of 5th