2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

how can Howard even argue that call--that was dead center--he is something else

now Charlie is coming out for fan points? Jesus Christ

Sgt PSN

Probably just frustration more than anything. 

It's all up to Tricia now.

Wingspan

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

reese125

Sgt PSN

Rome

holy shtein.

:-D

PhillyPhreak54

Wow! Amazing shot by Patty...major props to him. I've done a complete 180 on that guy and I honestly think they need to bring him back next year. Being wrong never felt so good.

Howard's K in the 10th was not a strike. It was nice to see him finally go off a little bit. Get angry Ryan.

Although I thought when Rowand hit the blast that it was fitting and I was hoping that those two dickheads Amaro and Gillick were watching. Maybe they took a breath from blowing Monty to see Rowand stick one outta there.

Oh, and tonight I got the CSN Philly feed...GREAT to hear Harry again. NOT great to hear MDS' boy Wheels again.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: SD_Eagle on May 02, 2008, 09:14:58 AM
Lidge is a better closer than Myers could ever hope to be so its already an upgrade. Myers is a headcase, his velocity is shtein but he won't long toss like his coaches tell him too. Maybe he should have concentrated more on being a starter in ST and less on punking Kendrick.

Please.

I don't get this headcase stuff. Why do people always say that about him? What really makes me laugh is when he has a bad start the people on the Phils MB always say "there's 10 cent head again".

His velocity is down...but I read because he was throwing his cutter more and got away from the true fastball. And also that Dubee and Chuck told him to long toss and he is doing it.

Rome

i don't think wheeler says the word "cutter" nearly enough.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 03, 2008, 12:31:40 AM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on May 02, 2008, 09:14:58 AM
Lidge is a better closer than Myers could ever hope to be so its already an upgrade. Myers is a headcase, his velocity is shtein but he won't long toss like his coaches tell him too. Maybe he should have concentrated more on being a starter in ST and less on punking Kendrick.

Please.

I don't get this headcase stuff. Why do people always say that about him? What really makes me laugh is when he has a bad start the people on the Phils MB always say "there's 10 cent head again".

His velocity is down...but I read because he was throwing his cutter more and got away from the true fastball. And also that Dubee and Chuck told him to long toss and he is doing it.

He has the 'stuff' to be a very good pitcher,he just doesn't have the demeanor. You look at a guy like Cole who has more talent but gets rocked in an inning then settles down and retires the next 12. Myers gets rocked and he tries to do too much or has trouble re-gaining his focus.

MDS

anyone want to to tell me why no one has brought up the idea of batting pat 4 and choke dog 5? like really? i mean....come on. no.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MDS on May 03, 2008, 01:21:33 PM
anyone want to to tell me why no one has brought up the idea of batting pat 4 and choke dog 5? like really? i mean....come on. no.

I was actually just looking at stats on espn and was wondering the same thing.  It also goes to show just how bad of a funk that Howard is in right now because with Burrell swinging the bat like he is, pitchers are pretty much forced to pitch to Howard and he's just not taking advantage. 

The only reason I can think of keeping Howard at 4 and Burrell 5th is because Howard offers absolutely no protection to Burrell.  Pitchers would probably just pitch around Burrell to get to Howard.  Just speculating. 

MDS

in the least it would give utley a shot vs. a righty or burrell a shot vs. a lefty. also howard is just plain brutal at this point and doesnt deserve the extra at-bat.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.