5. Kansas City
6. Milwaukee
7. Cleveland
8. Boston
9. Philadelphia
10. Jacksonville

MDS

wish i couldve bet on not seeing LA on this list, it was the lock of locks
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

QB Eagles

I know the narrative is supposed to be "LA fans suck" but let's be real, the team has been there five years and most of the city consists of people from somewhere else.

Diomedes

Does that list not also skew away from huge markets because it's a share?  I mean, of course people in Columbus are watching...Miami and NYC and Houston and Chicago are not on this list either...biggest towns on this list are the smallest towns on the biggest towns list
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

Quote from: Diomedes on February 15, 2022, 06:00:10 PM
Does that list not also skew away from huge markets because it's a share?  I mean, of course people in Columbus are watching...Miami and NYC and Houston and Chicago are not on this list either...biggest towns on this list are the smallest towns on the biggest towns list

youre sort of onto something here

NYC is rarely a top market for anything because of exactly that...top markets for communal events like sports and news always skew older, rural and northern well because thats who is more likely to be watching tv. 6pm on a feb sunday in miami is going out weather, in milwaukee it is not.

however, if the dolphins or giants were in the super bowl, youd see their home markets on this list. LA is a super transient market...the rams moved there 2 seconds ago...they are the 4th most popular team in the market...and the game started at 3pm on a beautiful day. it should not be a shock.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Diomedes on February 15, 2022, 06:00:10 PM

Also the Super Bowl comes on in the mid-afternoon on the West Coast. It's not prime time viewing.

I'm gonna guess a 37 share in LA is worth a huge multiple of a 46 in Cincy. Probably a younger and more diverse demo too.

The way more embarrassing split was in the stadium stands.

Rome

New York, L.A., Chicago, and Houston are all missing from that list.

Shares or not, that's not ideal for the NFL. 

As for the higher numbers overall, I think it's just a collective relief of no Brady, no Patriots and something different to cheer for for a change, plus most of the playoff games were crazy exciting, and this game promised to be at least close since both teams weren't dynasties.

Whatever.  The game was ok and the halftime show was GOATish.  Good enough for me. 

MDS

i know youre all novices but
rating = % of overall population people watching, share = % of people watching who are actually watching tv

-yes the LA market is 10000x bigger than cinci so they had *more people* watching but as a % of the market it was relatively low
-again the bigger the market, the more diversified interests and the less likely you are to see them on the list.
-the number was higher mainly because everything was down in the covid year and this year has been a bounceback for the nfl and most sports...the recent string of great games has helped too, cant beat the pr of people feeling like theyre missing out if they dont watch