Week Eighteen - 2021

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 09, 2022, 01:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Carlson never misses at home
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

no timeouts lol they are doing it!

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

I hope it' sblocked and returned.

MDS

oh man that was so close to happening

wow
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Diomedes

It takes a game like that to keep me up this late, wow.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Go launch Staley off the farging Hoover Dam! Him calling that timeout was asinine.

Would've netted $2580 off a $7 bet!

Don Ho

Incredibly stupid move by Staley.  Not like LA talk radio gives a rats ass about the Bolts.  Would love to hear some reaction.

MDS

i dont think the timeout did anything...raiders were running 3 times then kicking. perhaps the stoppage allowed them to call a better play but they have a great kicker who can nail a 57 yarder.

america loses by having to watch the stupid steelers and their washed up qb
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Carr said the TO changed their thinking and there's a clip of the Raiders Las telling Ekeler they were gonna kneel it

Damn lol

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 10, 2022, 12:36:02 AM
Carr said the TO changed their thinking and there's a clip of the Raiders Las telling Ekeler they were gonna kneel it

Damn lol

This has pretty much been debunked. The dagger was the 10 yard run by Jacobs that the Chargers gave up, not the timeout. That was really bad run defense. if they had stopped that up we would have gotten a tie, since I don't think the Raiders would have attempted 55+ yards.

Maybe the Chargers don't give up 10 yards out of the original pre-timeout play, but maybe they give up 25 instead. Staley called the TO to sub in his "better" run stoppers.

I'll say that throughout the whole end of the game, both phases of the Chargers seemed to be running on fumes and only surviving by miracle after miracle (largely by Herbert), while the Raiders had energy in reserve. Chargers seemed out-conditioned and ultimately they were outplayed when it mattered on that final drive. From a neutral POV the better team won. Chargers choked like always.

PhillyPhreak54

Good point.

How the Raiders defense wasn't passed out from those long continuous drives was amazing.