We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

As far as I know, you'd only be able to find out with people who haven't been vaccinated.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

There's tests to determine if you've had it but I'm not sure if the test would show it if you had it say at the beginning of this mess.

I've said this before but I'm pretty sure I had the earliest version in early 2020.   

Considering where I live and the number of people around me who've had it multiple times, I honestly can't see how I haven't had it before.  I've been vaccinated and boosted now three additional times, but still... maybe there is a degree of natural resistance in some folks that along with the vaccine prevents infection entirely?

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on June 25, 2022, 10:18:30 AM
Considering where I live and the number of people around me who've had it multiple times, I honestly can't see how I haven't had it before.  I've been vaccinated and boosted now three additional times, but still... maybe there is a degree of natural resistance in some folks that along with the vaccine prevents infection entirely?

i feel pretty much the same...i dont know anyone who has had it twice and people near me are still id say 70% masked at grocery stores and 90+ on public transportation but when you go to bars its the wild west and i go to bars...im the same as you vaxxed 4 times but i just have to believe ive have had it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

I know a couple of people who have had it twice, one wasn't vaccinated the last time I talked to them. Neither of them are wearing masks.

SD

My daughter and I had it twice. We were both vaxxed early and had a booster

PhillyPhreak54

I had it twice.

First time I had one vax shot when I got it but didn't feel sick til after the second. Got the second on a Thursday and felt tired on Friday and then on Saturday I felt worse. By Monday I knew something was wrong. My girl gave it to me I'm sure. This was April 2020 and it sucked. Three weeks I felt like shtein.

Second time was January this year. I got back from PA and next morning I woke up and knew I had it again. Tested positive on at home and clinic test. Had both shots obv but wasn't boosted yet. I'm boosted with one now though. This omicron episode was weird...four days of feeling like a cold and then four days like I had the flu.

phattymatty

I'll probably jinx myself but I still haven't gotten it yet.  and I've basically been back to normal life for the last year or so.  wifey is high risk so I've basically been doing all the grocery shopping and shtein forever and still nothing.  I've been to nba games, baseball games, once concert, flew across country a few times, and still covid free.  I also haven't gotten the flu in about 30 years so maybe years of alcoholism has made my body strong.

General_Failure

General_Failure

I can already hear the antivaxers being smug, completely incapable of realizing they're the ones incubating all these variations.
https://twitter.com/StephTaitWrites/status/1545185794041581568

Diomedes

They're doing the incubating here, but in other places of the world it's proliferating because of better reasons than rank wilfull ignorance:  no access to vaccine, no functioing public health system, etc....and unless we shut down all international travel for long enough to vaccinate all people at the same time, then we're stuck with whatever nasty variant springs up wherever it has the chance because we're all downstream from each other, all mucking around in the same pigsty.

Pretty frightening thread....am reconsidering an outdoor event for this weekend I had thought would be ok.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

always take a twitter thread from some rando to the bank
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

To be fair, it was also on NPR. Unrelated, my dad started listening to NPR out of the blue.

SD

Been feeling like shtein this week. I partied pretty hard Friday-Monday so knew Tuesday/Wednesday was gonna suck. Woke up Friday feeling worse. Decided to take the weekend off from drinking. I'm up workdays 5-530, weekends I rarely sleep past 8. I slept until 11 Friday (called out), Saturday and this morning. I spent the whole weekend eating healthy and hiking. I still feel off. We're so far post covid craze I didn't take it into consideration but motherfarger got me again. I was on mile 7 of my hike today when I felt like I was gonna die and it hit me. Vaxxed and boosted and this is my 3rd bout with this bullshtein. This one feels worse for some reason. Throat is soarer, more sinus issues and overall just feel worse.

MDS

ba4 probably

i recommend not getting annihilated with maga chuds
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

I specifically didn't go out with my work friends last night because Covid is spreading like wildfire again down here.  It's unbelievable that we're going thru this for what seems like the millionth time.