Same city they had their parades

ice grillin you

Lil guy doesn't consider Villanova Philly but worships the stupid soccer team
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

im trolling but saying i worship the union is the lie of lies

jay is a great coach and it wont be as fun without him even though the big 5 is on life support...hes gonna do well for himself on tv.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

phattymatty

Duke hired Rachel Baker to be their GM. 

LaSalle alum and worked as a PR intern for the Sixers back in the day before working for Nike and the NBA league office.   

Don Ho

Not because it's in Hawaii (well maybe it is) but I love the Maui Invitational.  Top college basketball programs playing in a 2000 seat Civic Center, basically a high school gym, love it.  These teams bring a ton of boosters, $$$$!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Agreed. It's fun watching that over there as kinda of the kick off to CBB

ice grillin you

Quote from: Don Ho on November 23, 2022, 06:18:25 PM
Not because it's in Hawaii (well maybe it is) but I love the Maui Invitational.  Top college basketball programs playing in a 2000 seat Civic Center, basically a high school gym, love it.  These teams bring a ton of boosters, $$$$!

Cbb gets more unwatchable by the year....just when you think it can't sink lower it finds a way
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

georgetown hasnt won a big east game in nearly 2 calendar years

this is impossible
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on January 04, 2023, 08:29:19 PM

this is impossible

I was just thinking how old I feel that I remember Georgetown being one of the top programs.

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on January 04, 2023, 08:29:19 PM

this is impossible

Wait! What?  That is nuts.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

phattymatty

Since the god left, Georgetown has a habit of holding onto coaches about 3 years too long. 

They're ruined the whole sport of cbb for me, used to be my favorite by far. 

PhillyPhreak54

Watched quite a bit of college hoops this weekend. Bama, Houston and Purdue look like machines.

This Nebraska/Maryland game is hard to watch. Sluggish offense. The Huskers have a little Japanese dude and it makes me laugh thinking of him in redneck ass Nebraska. Oh and the Huskers uniforms are some of the worst I've ever seen.

MDS

houston is such a machine that lost to temple and almost lost again to them....man you love h town

penn is in the mix in the ivy, thats the only philly team with a shot to get in. im curious what the committee does with duke/unc/kentucky. all are kind of mediocre and hanging on the bubble...the ratings difference between having and not having them is very real

PhillyPhreak54

Love em so much I've watched...one game.

I'm going off of rankings, record and this game.

Also have to include Kansas no? They snatched Baylor's soul.