So I hear there is a gathering Thursday

Started by Seabiscuit36, February 06, 2018, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Quote from: AO1 on February 06, 2018, 08:21:14 PM
Whatever time you're planning on leaving, I'd leave 2 hours earlier. Just had dinner with some friends who are staying at a friends house in south Philly. It's going to be mayhem trying to get into the city.

Any guesses to the 'few surprises' for the parade?

wilson goode blows up the ritz carlton
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

QuoteThis is the line – THE TWO HOUR-LONG LINE – people waited in today to grab Regional Rail train tickets to Thursday's Super Bowl Championship Parade for the Philadelphia Eagles  http://6abc.cm/2FS9kPJ

Rome

Rome

Btw... the price gouging going on is revolting.  I know they're in business to make a profit but come on.   

smeags

$4 for a copy of Monday's newspaper was ridiculous.

$40 well spent.  :paranoid
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PhillyPhreak54

I am trying to figure out how I can make it

Flight would be about 2000

But there are no hotels obviously. I could get to my mom's place in Phoenixville tonight but I have no clue how I could get into the city tomorrow. RR is going to be a hot mess

Any ideas?

ice grillin you

just take an amtrak from wilmington.....theres several early ones still available
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

or drive nice and early into south philly...you can find street parking somewhere between oregon and christian fairly easily. just be prepared to walk a lot.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

If I have a 530pm return flight do you think I will have trouble making that?

ice grillin you

no you can easily make that....you also dont need to stay to the end of the parade....whatever spot you get youll get to see everyone go by and then its over...no real difference than any other parade

honestly i wouldnt even come up for it...parades imo are overrated.....its much more important to be in the city for the game....you dont get to see a ton at the parade....in the end its fun but you really will be spending thousands of dollars just to say you were there....which is pretty silly imo.....youll see a lot more of it on the nfln broadcast

SD

My friend was just on the news, she got up at 3:30 am to get tickets and they were out. She waited and they eventually brought more but still public transportation is already a mess. If you know anyone in the city ask if you can crash at their place tonight. Tomorrow is going to be bedlam.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 07, 2018, 10:00:35 AM
no you can easily make that....you also dont need to stay to the end of the parade....whatever spot you get youll get to see everyone go by and then its over...no real difference than any other parade

honestly i wouldnt even come up for it...parades imo are overrated.....its much more important to be in the city for the game....you dont get to see a ton at the parade....in the end its fun but you really will be spending thousands of dollars just to say you were there....which is pretty silly imo.....youll see a lot more of it on the nfln broadcast

will you be there?

I'd leave tonight at 8pm and land after midnight and then have to Uber to Wilmington that would be about $1800ish for plane and Uber I'm guessing

Hotel would be about $200 for six hours

Train into the city is $65

so yeah I'd be in for a little over $2k

Plus with the weather up there today I'm seeing some issues on flights and if those get pushed back then I would be farged

Rome

That's an awful lot of money to stand in the cold for a couple of hours.  Seriously, IGY was right.  Being in the city and especially on Broad Street after the win was something that I'll never forget.  Pretty much the bucket list item to end all bucket list items for this boy.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 07, 2018, 10:06:20 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on February 07, 2018, 10:00:35 AM

will you be there?

I'd leave tonight at 8pm and land after midnight and then have to Uber to Wilmington that would be about $1800ish for plane and Uber I'm guessing

Hotel would be about $200 for six hours

Train into the city is $65

so yeah I'd be in for a little over $2k

Plus with the weather up there today I'm seeing some issues on flights and if those get pushed back then I would be farged

yeah im going but its also not costing me anything....i have amtrak pts....no farging way id go for that money....

and until after they won i wasnt 100 percent sure i needed to go for any amount

dont get me wrong i had a blast at the phillies parade but i wouldnt travel long distance or pay a lot to go to a parade...for me personally its not a must do like watching the game in the city and witnessing the aftermath of the win is

at the parade the whole thing is fighting crowds then the floats go by in like 20 minutes or whatever it is then its over...especially for you who will be leaving right after its over you wont even get to spend the rest of the day/evening in the city at bars with people which might be more fun than the parade itself