The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

I hope you contacted him before posting that.

ice grillin you

the euro model highs for DC next Tuesday Wednesday Thursday are 103, 105 and 106
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Geowhizzer

I get that pretty much every afternoon in the summer.  Right around 4 pm.

PhillyPhreak54

I've forgotten what rain looks and feels like.

When we finally get a rainy day here I'm going outside and stripping like Andy Dufrain in Shawshank

Munson

Last night here at 11:15 PM it was 81 degrees with a feels like temperature of 88. Humidity was north of 80% and the dewpoint was 75. Downright gross
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Drive down the shore and cool off

Diomedes

in case you don't know this...apparently people don't know this:  don't stand under a tree in a thunderstorm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2022/08/07/lightning-strike-lafayette-square-victims/
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

I've been on a work trip in Boston since last Tuesday thinking I'd get away from the gross MD heat and humidity...6 of the 8 days have been 96-99 with heinous humidity in what was their longest heatwave ever
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Hope you packed your gold bond powder or compression shorts

That's June-Sept here and this year has been especially brutal. I get angry at the lack of rain and cloudy days. I can't wait for winter.

Rome

Geo and me about to get blown the farg up. 

He's dead in the eye of this farger and I'm catching that tail end just like Hurricane Charlie in 2004.

Honestly, we deserve it for what DeSantis and the rest of these Florida funholes have done lately.  My only regret is it looks like it's missing Palm Beach and Tallahassee entirely.  Two nazi birds and such...

PhillyPhreak54

Buckle up, boys. Hope you and your homes make it through ok.

I was wondering if that mofo would hit the gulf alley and explode. I think the "cold front" that's coming through our area from w-e is steering that you guys' way.

Rome

I just got a call from my homie at the EOC.  They are saying it's trending west a bit but the model they use indicates it's intensifying.  Miami and FTL are now pretty much out of it but the other models are all over the place from Tallahassee to Tampa. 

I haven't been activated yet but Monday is looking definite for me to be called in.  Delightful. 

Geowhizzer

The track keeps edging to the west, a bit further away from me... but also out over the boiling Gulf of Mexico longer.

It wouldn't surprise me if this thing blows up to a Cat-4 before landfall.

My concern is less the wind, as it looks like I'll be a bit away from the eye, but the rainfall, as we already have a bunch of standing water from a deluge of rains in the past month.

Right now it looks like the center path takes it in between Clearwater and Spring Hill.  Of course, that can change over the next few days.

PhillyPhreak54

I'm sure DeSantis will be comfortably hiding up Trumps ass somewhere.

Speaking of which - any chance Mar A Lago is leveled?