the random musings not worthy of new thread thread

Started by ice grillin you, March 28, 2006, 02:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

Oh that's easy, you just hook your bullpup onto your tactical vest with the punisher logo on it.

The man. The myth. The legend.

phattymatty

I can't imagine living life so constantly scared that you need a gun on you at all times.  such a miserable existence.

General_Failure

It isn't fear, it's the dopamine kick from thinking you might have the chance to kill somebody.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah

Read any of the Texas subreddits or NextDoor around here and any time there's a mention of any crime? OH YEAH? THATS WHY I CARRY.

I laugh in amazement at the number of nut bags on NextDoor who, at the mention of kids walking around, salesman ringing their bell or any human confrontation the responses are about how they're lucky bc that person has a gun to "duhfend muhself"

Rome

Diomedes

Yesterday I miscalculated the depth of material in a hard to reach corner that needed a fastener, and drove a screw through my finished countertop in a material and location that cannot be repaired.  New (custom, of course) counter top must be ordered.  Client needs a kitchen, so it's all being put together for whatever time it will take the counter to be made...and then undone and redone....at my expense.  A thousand times I get it right, no one knows.  Once I farg up by a quarter inch, and there goes my profit and my client is facing probably weeks of delays. 

I know other people have worse goddamn problems but I'm miserable all the same.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Rome on June 02, 2022, 11:40:45 AM

Lookie what I found.

Haha wow I missed this before. That's gotta be what...2004?

PhillyPhreak54

Shout out to the dumbfargs here lighting fireworks in the midst of a severe drought. My grass is so dry it sounds like you're walking on eggshells.

Friday night a church had their fireworks display set off a massive grass fire. And there's neighborhoods around here where fires have started as well.

Do the MAGA idiots and muh freedom types care?

Nope.

Harris County issued a burn ban but bc they didn't ban fireworks by June 15th they apparently couldn't ban them.

I hope the people a street over making it sound like Fallujah burn their house down.

Rome

It's been very dry here (meaning not raining every single day at 4:30 PM) so I was surprised at the lack of hillbilly fireworks bullshtein going off last night.  We live about 1/4 mile from the Intracoastal Waterway and the fireworks barge is moored right at the end of our street.  Perfect views from our driveway.  They didn't have them last year (drought/Covid) so they must have used the money for last night because whoo boy was it impressive.  Solid 5 minute finale was incredible.

I refuse to attend gatherings like that anymore.  Too many MAGA shteinheads for my liking. 

phattymatty

I didn't know fireworks were a maga stereotype.  I live in a 75% Central American community, and it's fireworks all day long for 2 weeks straight.  I never even left the house last night to look at them.

PhillyPhreak54

Down here it has become like that because of the "farg you I will do what I want" attitude. Severe drought and rather than sacrifice the fireworks for a year for the better of the neighborhoods they, just like with the guns, don't care.

MDS

pretty much everyone loves fireworks except for middle to upper class white people, who like going to fireworks shows but not setting them off

ive lived in majority black/hispanic neighborhoods over the past decade and theyre always going off on j4/nye. thankfully never lived around stupid poor white people but we know maga eats it up especially when they can defy the govt and start forest fires
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

No doubt.

Hell we would buy them in years past and blast away. But we also know that it is dumb as shtein to shoot them off when its a tinder box.

Rome

Quote from: phattymatty on July 05, 2022, 11:07:40 AM
I didn't know fireworks were a maga stereotype.  I live in a 75% Central American community, and it's fireworks all day long for 2 weeks straight.  I never even left the house last night to look at them.

You don't live in the deep south, my man.

These iceholes are getting worse too.  Almost to the point where it's becoming unbearable.  Geo will back me up here.

Diomedes

Quote from: MDS on July 05, 2022, 02:12:50 PMpretty much everyone loves fireworks except for middle to upper class white people, who like going to fireworks shows but not setting them off

pretty f'n accurate
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger