Dwight Howard...he gone.

Back to LA

Geowhizzer

Geowhizzer

SD

Pretty sure they tried trading Hill but nobody wanted him

Quote76ers Plan On Waiving George Hill
AUG 3, 2021 12:58 AM

The Philadelphia 76ers plan on waiving George Hill. Hill had a partial guarantee for the 21-22 season.

The 76ers traded for Hill at the deadline last season from the Oklahoma City Thunder.

Hill is coming off a three-year, $28.7 million deal he signed with the Milwaukee Bucks in 2019, which contained the partial guarantee.

rjs246

I really don't understand what they're doing right now but ok.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD

The Hill trade was a huge bust. Maybe clearing space for another move in f/a...I'm not up to date with how the nba cap works now but they might need the space if they want to utilize the full mle

rjs246

Looks like a straight money saving move. His contract would have some value for matching the case of a trade next season but I guess they don't see they panning out.

https://www.libertyballers.com/2021/8/3/22607128/sixers-to-waive-george-hill-opting-not-to-pick-up-his-full-10m-salary

Let them eat bootstraps.

phattymatty

I have faith in Morey until he fargs something up, which he has not done yet.  Rather him wait longer than normal over getting baited into deals like Elton did.

Speaking of, isn't Elton Brand technically still the GM?  This is very corporate-y of me but they really need to do a RIF and get rid of some of these front office peeps.

phattymatty

Quote from: phattymatty on August 03, 2021, 12:59:21 PM
I have faith in Morey until he fargs something up, which he has not done yet.

ok that lasted 3 minutes.

rjs246

Um. What the farg. That is a farging terrible signing.

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD

No problem with Drummond..films the Howard role...he's getting the Vet minimum

rjs246

He can't shoot or switch on defense. He's a slower, fatter, more ground-bound Dwight. He's a relic from decades passed. He farging sucks.

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD

As long as Ben is gone or they're not on the court together he's fine. He's a better player than Howard at this point in their careers.

QB Eagles

In theory signing Drummond to the vet minimum isn't too bad. But giving Doc the ability to overplay him is pretty bad.

rjs246

Quote from: QB Eagles on August 03, 2021, 03:13:30 PM
In theory signing Drummond to the vet minimum isn't too bad. But giving Doc the ability to overplay him is pretty bad.

This is exactly right.

Also, Drummond farging sucks.

Let them eat bootstraps.