The Process

Started by MDS, September 18, 2017, 04:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

I'm Shayoked by that pick.

Geowhizzer

phattymatty

Brand: "Too many young guys on a team with championship aspirations does not work"

Yikes.

phattymatty

Giving up number 33 to move up 4 spots to get Thybulle is just terrible.

5 picks turned into one player who will play next year. Biggest needs are shooters and a backup center and we got neither.

Fernando was a perfect pick at 34 to give Jojo some rest so he doesn't turn into a pile of diarrhea in April and they traded him.

The fact that Elton couldn't even give up 34 instead of 33 just shows how new he is at this, given the fact that Boston took Edwards who most people on here wanted. So Ainge farged us twice.

I did watch the full 2-minute highlight video of Iowa Stae dude, seems fine. Luol Deng-ish.

Overall Draft Grade - D

Don Ho

This has been a bad week.  I'm going back to watch that clip of Wentz to Pimp.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Brutal draft and maneuvering

SD

Quote from: phattymatty on June 20, 2019, 10:33:46 PM
dumb trade but the dumbest part is danny ainge got 33 instead of 34 so they will somehow farg the sixers one quick last time very shortly.

Ainge knew the Sixers coveted Thybulle so he pulled a Hinkie/Orlando/Peyton maneuver to force the Sixers to trade up. Brand got schooled.

hunt

they were never going to use all 4 2nd round picks...and 2nd rounders aren't making the active roster of a win now team anyway.
whatever.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

ice grillin you

Quote from: hunt on June 21, 2019, 10:02:51 AM
they were never going to use all 4 2nd round picks...and 2nd rounders aren't making the active roster of a win now team anyway.
whatever.

active roster includes the bench right?...you are acting like they have no available spots from 1-12

they arent going to be able to win now if they dont have a bench which is what will happen if by win now you mean resigning butler and tobias...this year at least they can add someone via the mle but once ben gets his max they will not be able to acquire proven role players anymore...so getting young cost controlled bench players is their only option
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

hunt

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 21, 2019, 10:51:00 AM
whatever.

active roster includes the bench right?...you are acting like they have no available spots from 1-12

they arent going to be able to win now if they dont have a bench which is what will happen if by win now you mean resigning butler and tobias...this year at least they can add someone via the mle but once ben gets his max they will not be able to acquire proven role players anymore...so getting young cost controlled bench players is their only option

zhaire, bolden, thybulle, & shake (hopefully) are all young cost controlled bench players...maybe shayok is another...or on a 2-way.  that's plenty of young cost controlled players, imo.  they'll fill out the rest of the bench with vets.  you can't have an entire bench of late 1st or 2nd round picks that brett won't even put on the court in the playoffs...and you're only allowed 2 guys on 2-way contracts.   

ice grillin you

Quote from: hunt on June 21, 2019, 11:05:13 AM
whatever.

zhaire, bolden, thybulle, & shake (hopefully) are all young cost controlled bench players...maybe shayok is another...or on a 2-way.  that's plenty of young cost controlled players, imo.  they'll fill out the rest of the bench with vets.  you can't have an entire bench of late 1st or 2nd round picks that brett won't even put on the court in the playoffs. 

lol at bolden and milton...they arent nba rotation players....so thats two...there should be two more from last night...obviously theres no guarantee that zhaire or any pick from last night becomes a player....but you know what 100% doesnt become a player?...money

hunt

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 21, 2019, 11:08:32 AM
whatever.

zhaire, bolden, thybulle, & shake (hopefully) are all young cost controlled bench players...maybe shayok is another...or on a 2-way.  that's plenty of young cost controlled players, imo.  they'll fill out the rest of the bench with vets.  you can't have an entire bench of late 1st or 2nd round picks that brett won't even put on the court in the playoffs. 

lol at bolden and milton...they arent nba rotation players....so thats two...there should be two more from last night...obviously theres no guarantee that zhaire or any pick from last night becomes a player....but you know what 100% doesnt become a player?...money

yeah...that's kind of the point.  the 2nd round picks they traded last night weren't going to be rotation players either...not on this team.  you use all 4 second round picks last night & then what?  you can only sign 2 of them to two-way g-league contracts.  what are you doing with the other 2?  you think the other 2 are making the active roster on a team that's all in when you already have the young guys i listed?  i don't.  the bench rotation will be vets...and you pray that maybe 1 of zhaire or thybulle becomes a rotation piece.   

ice grillin you

Quote from: hunt on June 21, 2019, 11:18:51 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on June 21, 2019, 11:08:32 AM
whatever.

yeah...that's kind of the point.  the 2nd round picks they traded last night weren't going to be rotation players either...not on this team.  you use all 4 second round picks last night & then what?  you can only sign 2 of them to two-way g-league contracts.  what are you doing with the other 2?  you think the other 2 are making the active roster on a team that's all in when you already have the young guys i listed?  i don't.  the bench will be vets...and you pray that maybe 1 of zhaire or thybulle becomes a rotation piece.

no one wanted all four but 33 and 34 definitely should have been used for players...its a travesty that they didnt add anyone there...and the reason not to have is because they have some good starters?...so no team should ever take a second rounder if they are trying to win?...just recently the sixers have gotten roco...shamet....richaun...jerami grant in that area of the draft...so to say whoever they get there will not be a player is just not right

i have no idea why you keep saying on a win now team...that has nothing to do with not having a bench...they are a win now team for the next 3-5 years IF they sign jimmy and tobias and if they do that they will be severely limited in acquiring veteran players during that time...which means no bench...and what if butler and tobias leave....what if just one of them does?

hunt

33 was used to move up for a guy they really liked, so...

34 i'll give you...that's a pick they could've used.  (they did flip it for atl's 2020 2nd...which should be in the 30s...and a 2023 2nd that should be as well)  but that's really the only pick that might have landed a more useful player then they got at 54.

i keep saying win now because they view themselves as championship contenders and want vets for their playoff rotation.  if you're a rebuilding team, sure...stock up on 2nd rounders & hope one hits.  but i don't think they want to use any more roster spots on projects. 

people like to queef about the draft every year...it's tradition.  i wasn't thrilled about what they gave up to move 4 spots..especially since it was boston.  but i like the player they drafted there.  this offseason was always about free agency so let's see what they do there.   

ice grillin you

Quote from: hunt on June 21, 2019, 11:57:42 AM
33 was used to move up for a guy they really liked, so...

34 i'll give you...that's a pick they could've used.  (they did flip it for atl's 2020 2nd...which should be in the 30s...and a 2023 2nd that should be as well)  but that's really the only pick that might have landed a more useful player then they got at 54.

i keep saying win now because they view themselves as championship contenders and want vets for their playoff rotation.  if you're a rebuilding team, sure...stock up on 2nd rounders & hope one hits.  but i don't think they want to use any more roster spots on projects. 

people like to queef about the draft every year...it's tradition.  i wasn't thrilled about what they gave up to move 4 spots..especially since it was boston.  but i like the player they drafted there.  this offseason was always about free agency so let's see what they do there.

actually most people loved almost every pick hinkie made...shtein most people liked the markelle move...so no people didnt complain last night because thats what happens at the draft...they complained because it was garbage...including giving the pick to get thybulle

there is no money to get vets to fill out the rotation if they resign both guys and if they dont resign both guys they probably arent contenders anyway..and im talking for the foreseeable future...3-5 years....this year they have a little wiggle room even if they sign both guys...but not enough to be giving away potential players

and this is all assuming that they sign both guys...if they dont sign them then you still want young projectable non guaranteed money prospects on your roster

they should have had three guys taken at 24, 33, 34 out of last night...the picks after that dont mean much...as for getting picks next year who cares...the chance they will be better than last nights seconds is almost zero...you dont know if there will be the quality that was there last night and you dont know that they arent going to end up selling those picks anyway

it was a BAD night...theres just no way to spin that...and my god if they lose both jimmy and tobias it gets even uglier