2018-19 College Basketball

Started by Don Ho, November 07, 2018, 02:54:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

if thats a 2 not a 3 i hit my numbers
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Now the women are down to the last shot
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Anyone taking Baylor plus the points and/or on the ML?

ice grillin you

I legitimately couldn't name a single player on Baylor and have never seen them play.

PhillyPhreak54

Scott Drew is their HC - you should know that name

#45 Mitchell is their best player

MDS

i dont want to go on a rant but farg the drews

theres been a 1000 tournament moments equal to or better than bryce drew's shot but because its a dopey white school in dopey white indiana with a dopey white father/son moment behind it, it gets replayed all the time
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

def the bet two teams playing tonight. Mitchell is the second best player on the court after Suggs and Baylor can get really hot.  my money is on Gonzaga tho.

PhillyPhreak54

Good lord. Zags are asleep at the wheel

phattymatty

ya this is surprising.  Gonzaga never going to win it.

PhillyPhreak54

phattymatty

what a stinker to end a great tourney.

Don Ho

Exactly, insane tournament and to get this finale, well it sucked.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

i think the suggs shot gonazaga/ucla made up for a pretty awful tournament...i dont ever recall this many non games

36% of the games were decided by 16 or more pts

65% of games were decided by double digits

14% were one possession games

i dont have historical context so maybe thats normal but just from an eye test it seemed even while it was happening that there were an inordinate amount of blowouts

also something else that really hurt this tournament and its not the games fault its just how it happened but there were no breakout stars like a steph curry on davidson type where you meet a new stud in the tourney

cade cunningham didnt get out the first weekend also hurt

i mean "cinderella" was the school with the most national championships

phattymatty

64% of the games were decided by 15 points or less.

35% were decided by 9 or less.

1 out of every 7 games was a one possession game. 

the ucla thing is pretty funny though.  scrappy little ucla almost making it to the title game.

I love the tournament even in an off year but the fact we lost a year made this one so much better.

Geowhizzer