Resumes

Started by 4and26, January 12, 2006, 12:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

I actually did some IT headhunter work a while back.  that job sucked hard, but I did see about 10 billion high end IT resumes.   Best advice I can give is to keep it short and too the point while still getting in specific details on your previous jobs duties.   Long winded resumes are death.  Like Dio said if im your future employer, I dont give a shtein about your hobbies... So leave them off the resume.  I dont know your specific job duties obviously, but if you have any certificate stuff like MSCE (and/or the other billion different IT certificates out there) make sure you have them listed.

MURP

yeah, and to echo what some others said.  Dont lie about what you can do.  That shtein usually gets sniffed out pretty fast.

T_Section224

Quote from: 4and26 on January 12, 2006, 12:26:34 PM
It's been about three years or so since I've had to put together a professional resume
oh, and in the future, always keep your resume updated.
Proud Sponsor of Mike Bartrum

Zanshin

Quote from: MURP on January 12, 2006, 12:58:40 PM
I actually did some IT headhunter work a while back. that job sucked hard ...

lol.  No shtein.  I did that for a year after I graduated college, and it was like going to hell every morning.  My wife also tried it...she came home crying every night for the two months she lasted.  It's a horrible, horrible industry.  Seems like only iceholes can legitimately do it for a career.

MadMarchHare

Isn't Rosenhaus basically a headhunter?
Anyone but Reid.

Zanshin

He's EXACTLY the type.

MURP

Quote from: Zanshin on January 12, 2006, 01:43:40 PM
Quote from: MURP on January 12, 2006, 12:58:40 PM
I actually did some IT headhunter work a while back. that job sucked hard ...

lol.  No shtein.  I did that for a year after I graduated college, and it was like going to hell every morning.  My wife also tried it...she came home crying every night for the two months she lasted.  It's a horrible, horrible industry.  Seems like only iceholes can legitimately do it for a career.

I would choose death over working in that industry ever again.