Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

id be curious to know what their jurisdiction is in a criminal case like this that involves coaches but not athletics
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Mildly amusing... The kid who started the chant to "FLIP THE VAN" was not a Penn State student but rather a high schooler.

And he bragged about it on Facebook and will probably go to juvy.

Rome

How lucky are the Eagles right now?  If this nightmare hadn't broken they'd be getting destroyed in the media.  As it is they're barely a footnote.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Sgt PSN

Quote from: FastFreddie on November 10, 2011, 12:58:13 PM
NCAA content to bide its time:

QuoteRegarding the ongoing Penn State criminal investigation, the NCAA is actively monitoring developments and assessing appropriate steps moving forward. The NCAA will defer in the immediate term to law enforcement officials since this situation involved alleged crimes. As the facts are established through the justice system, we will determine whether Association bylaws have been violated and act accordingly. To be clear, civil and criminal law will always take precedence over Association rules.

Mark Emmert
President, NCAA

I really don't even care what the NCAA does. As much or as little as they want to do is justifiable.

That's what the NCAA should be doing right now.  This isn't a rules violation such as illegal recruiting tactics or paying players or anything like that.  It's a crime and the NCAA should absolutely wait until everything is sorted out before deciding whether or not to punish the school/football program. 

I'm not really sure what I even think will be an appropriate response though.  They key players involved are all fired with the exception of McQueary, so any punishment that the NCAA hands down is basically penalizing the coaches, players and to a greater extent, the students who had absolutely no involvement.  I mean, how could you punish the underclass players who are stuck there for 2 or 3 more years for something that happened 10 years ago?  So if the school gives up scholarships and bowl appearances, how does that accomplish anything?

Can the NCAA even start vacating seasons from basically 1998-2011 based on this?  Because if they can, then I think they absolutely should.  Taking 100 wins away from JoePa and the school is probably the harshest punishment that could be handed out. 

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 10, 2011, 01:01:54 PM
id be curious to know what their jurisdiction is in a criminal case like this that involves coaches but not athletics

I guess it depends on whether or not the NCAA rule book lists child rape as a no-no.  There's got to be morals and ethics clauses involved in the guidelines as well as individual contracts, right? 

charlie

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 10, 2011, 01:01:54 PM

if the rumors are true with the pimping to penn state donors or boosters then they'll be all over it.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Another presser coming at 5pm. Hoping it is regarding McQueary's status.

Hawk

Twitter reports that companies are pulling their contributions to THON and that other companies are revoking internships.

charlie

Quote from: FastFreddie on November 10, 2011, 03:52:43 PM
Another presser coming at 5pm. Hoping it is regarding McQueary's status.

either that or they someone finally defeated Mola Ram

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Hawk on November 10, 2011, 04:00:22 PM
Twitter reports that companies are pulling their contributions to THON and that other companies are revoking internships.

For some reason that brought this to mind...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5FzCeV0ZFc

Hawk

The governor is having a press conference at 5:30.. speculation on Twitter among PSU students that he may cancel the game.

Seabiscuit36

Corbett has had issues with PennState in the past about funding.  But his issues were mainly with Spanier.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

phattymatty

if this came out a few weeks ago, a jerry sandusky halloween costume would have been so easy to throw together.