Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Hawk

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 09, 2011, 03:17:54 PM
Quote from: Hawk on November 09, 2011, 02:10:58 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on November 09, 2011, 01:50:11 PM
its going to be so incredibly uncomfortable seeing that creepy old dood chillin out and coaching his football team on national tv while child rape victims are popping up all over state college...i dont know if the old man just doesnt get it cares more about records than kids or is just so full of himself that hes like im gonna throw this in the face of as many people as i can...

fact is he needs to be as far away from a penn state fiootball game as possible ever again but especially right now

and the board excuse is preposterous...what does him coaching this weekend have to do with allowing the board to concentrate on the scandal

on a football note nebraska lost at home to northwestern so i wouldnt say theres no way penn state will beat them

JoePa didn't rape any kids. 

1. sandusky
2. ginger
3. Gricar
4. Curley
5.Schultz
6. Spanier
7. Paterno

Let's not forget the initial case in 1998, where the DA/police ignored Sandusky admitting to a mom that he acted "inappropriately."

in 1998 paternos good friend and right hand man gets accused of and admits to child molestation

in 2002 paternos good friend and former right hand man rapes a kid in football locker room shower

so what does the emperor of penn state do?...he tells the AD and then forgets about it forever

FF to 1997 sandusky is still bringing children to paternos practices and games

joe did everything but rape kids...he was the pope and sandusky was his bishop

joes absolutely deserves more blame than curley or spanier...its not even close...and hes rigth there with the rest of them because he oversaw all this happen and was the god up there...he should be held to a higher standard...either way no matter what order you put them in the fact is if this guy coaches one more game much less the rest of a season at penn state it will be a complete travesty...he should retire and go away forever...just go die in silence somewhere

I still think that the actual witnesses of the acts are way more morally reprehensible than JoePa.   Ginger and the janitors are pathetic human beings themself.  Then the DA who didn't file charges back in 1998, as well as all those involved in the investigation should come in at number 3 in the responsibility list.  Don't know where to rank the rest of the crew yet, I think there's still a lot of details to come out.

For all we know there could be more kiddie diddlers than just Sandusky up in Happy Valley.

charlie

i have a cousin who's 1 class shy of graduating with a masters from penn state who is now planning to transfer her credits to albright to graduate. can't say i blame her, i would be embarrassed to have a degree from there right now.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 09, 2011, 11:11:59 AM
Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on November 09, 2011, 11:03:54 AM
I couldn't agree more, there is no reason to allow him to finish the season.  He should be gone, I don't want to hear a bunch of people cheering for him on Saturday.  There is nothing to be celebrated at this point. 

that huge group of students who went to his house yesterday and started we are penn state chants outside his window in support of him made me ill

this.  that entire sham last night was nauseating. 

i know it isn't the line being purported by most people here, but i can't see how anyone is viewing Paterno as a scapegoat.  It is quite clear from his own testimony that he knew what had occurred, probably knew about what had occurred in '98, and didn't go to the police.  The entire athletic department is complicit in this.  Not only did no one go to the police, they allowed Sandusky to continue coming to the school.  In '98 it was clear to them there was some inappropriate behavior (to say the least) between Sandusky and the at-risk kids, and they still let him not only come to the school/keep an office etc, but bring kids in unsupervised.  Are you kidding me?

Even ignoring the fact that McQueary being a 28y.o. D1 athlete should have beaten the shtein out of a guy sodomizing a 10year old kid, not reporting it to the police is awful.  Who needs to go home and talk to their dad about it?  Bleh the whole situation makes me physically ill.

Eagles_Legendz

all it took was 1 person within the PSU athletic department who knew what was going on to do something about it.  ONE person and the kids who he went after post 2002 probably don't have their lives irrevocably changed.

ice grillin you

Quote from: charlie on November 09, 2011, 03:39:19 PM
i have a cousin who's 1 class shy of graduating with a masters from penn state who is now planning to transfer her credits to albright to graduate. can't say i blame her, i would be embarrassed to have a degree from there right now.

thats just silly
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

charlie

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 09, 2011, 03:48:41 PM

thats just silly

maybe. but a degree is about the reputation and the prestige of the school more than what you do in the classroom. she doesn't want the name attached to hers. can't say i blame her.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: charlie on November 09, 2011, 03:53:29 PM

thats just silly

maybe. but a degree is about the reputation and the prestige of the school more than what you do in the classroom. she doesn't want the name attached to hers. can't say i blame her.

Keep me up to date on her success with doing so, because graduate schools are EXTREMELY hesitant to give you their paper if you don't take a majority of your coursework there. Would be VERY surprised if any graduate school with a reputation worth preferring over Penn State would be amenable to this.

That said I agree with her reasoning for trying and said so much yesterday. But the counter-point received was equally valid and less influenced by emotion.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on November 09, 2011, 03:47:43 PM
all it took was 1 person within the PSU athletic department who knew what was going on to do something about it.  ONE person and the kids who he went after post 2002 probably don't have their lives irrevocably changed.

i want an investigation into the 1998 case and why it wasnt prosecuted...the only legit explanantion was paterno at minimum influenced the decision if not directly made it go away

PoopyfaceMcGee

There's a reason Ray Gricar has been missing since 2005 and his laptop was found in the Susquehanna.

charlie

Quote from: FastFreddie on November 09, 2011, 04:09:12 PM
Quote from: charlie on November 09, 2011, 03:53:29 PM

thats just silly

Keep me up to date on her success with doing so, because graduate schools are EXTREMELY hesitant to give you their paper if you don't take a majority of your coursework there. Would be VERY surprised if any graduate school with a reputation worth preferring over Penn State would be amenable to this.

That said I agree with her reasoning for trying and said so much yesterday. But the counter-point received was equally valid and less influenced by emotion.

i dont think it will work to where she'd have to only take 1 class at a new school. i transferred grad school credits once (not penn state) and had to retake 9 credits out of 24 because there was no equivalent. but it's not impossible.

phattymatty

sorry but anyone who transfers out of penn state because of what a horrible old man and some administrators did needs to get a grip on reality.

i've never been a rah rah school pride guy, and yeah it's embarrassing at the moment, but it doesn't make the education, memories, friends i made there, etc., any less. it's not going to change my life one bit.

and maybe i just work with/hang out with more reasonable people than most but even though yeah i've had to talk about it with people over the last few days, no one thinks any less of me.

ice grillin you

^^^^
exactly

its classic in the moment overreaction

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: phattymatty on November 09, 2011, 04:23:32 PM
and maybe i just work with/hang out with more reasonable people than most but even though yeah i've had to talk about it with people over the last few days, no one thinks any less of me.

I've had a similar experience. If anything, they are really intrigued to find out how I feel about it or take pity on me.

Eagles_Legendz

I think there will be a noticeable impact the next few years, and then it should gradually dissipate.  Reasonable people know that none of the students etc should be tarnished at all for this, but there will be some subconscious stigma unfairly attached.

I will say though that I don't think its quite so simple as to just discard it as a few individuals making bad choices.  It seems everyone who matters within the AD has some level of blame here, and the President has fault.  That is more systemic than just a few people, but I agree with your point nonetheless.