Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on November 24, 2021, 11:27:42 AM
lol youre a complete nerd who worships stupid rankings of high school kids as if it means anything. nobody knows shtein...franklin can get all the "5 star" athletes he wants but he cant coach for shtein. penn st stunk last year and stinks again this year and theyll lose to ohio state every year. hes had great recruiting classes according to this pointless sites and then loses to illinois at home.

i hope you all enjoy going 7-5 from here to eternity

Definitely don't want good high school players cause they never turn into good college players
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

last 5 years ohio state, michigan and penn state always have the top ranked classes in the big 10. only 1 of them is any good. texas had the #3 class in 2018 and usc had the #4.

your rankings are worthless and mean absolutely nothing. franklin cant coach for shtein who cares if rivals sucks off his class
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

That's not true...Penn State has finished behind Wisconsin a couple times....Pretty sure Maryland outrecruited them last year or the year before as well...Their current class is legit top 5 in the country...

their problem is QB they for whatever reason cannot find/develop one
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

Quote from: MDS on November 24, 2021, 12:04:10 PM
last 5 years ohio state, michigan and penn state always have the top ranked classes in the big 10. only 1 of them is any good. texas had the #3 class in 2018 and usc had the #4.

your rankings are worthless and mean absolutely nothing. franklin cant coach for shtein who cares if rivals sucks off his class

penn state's requirements have gone down recently you can probably get accepted to main campus if you tried again now.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 24, 2021, 12:14:08 PM
That's not true...Penn State has finished behind Wisconsin a couple times....Pretty sure Maryland outrecruited them last year or the year before as well...Their current class is legit top 5 in the country...

last year yea. i didnt look at that, just 18-20 because those are the bulk of the guys currently playing.

i dont care if they have the 100th or 1st ranked class, stop worshiping meaningless lists and look at the actual results
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: MDS on November 24, 2021, 07:05:44 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on November 24, 2021, 12:14:08 PM

last year yea. i didnt look at that, just 18-20 because those are the bulk of the guys currently playing.

i dont care if they have the 100th or 1st ranked class, stop worshiping meaningless lists and look at the actual results
Actual results he's a top 10 coach
Franklin has led his teams to three Top 10 finishes (3 at Penn State) and six Top 25 finishes (2 at Vanderbilt; 4 at Penn State).
In the last five seasons under Franklin, Penn State is one of six teams to rank in the top 12 of the CFP final rankings at least four times.
From 2016-19, Franklin led the Nittany Lions to three New Year's Six bowls - 2016 (Rose), 2017 (Fiesta) and 2019 (Cotton) - making Penn State one of eight teams to accomplish the feat during the four-year span. It also marked the first time Penn State as a program went to three New Year's Six bowls in four years since 1980-83 (1980 Fiesta, 1982 Fiesta ,1983 Sugar).
Franklin's squads won two New Year's Six bowl games in a three-year span (2017-19), making the Nittany Lions one of seven teams to do so. It also marked the first time PSU has won two New Year's Six bowl games in a three-year span since 1995 (Rose) and 1997 (Fiesta).
Franklin guided Penn State to back-to-back New Year's Six bowls in 2016 (Rose) and 2017 (Fiesta) for the first time since 1985 (Orange) and 1986 (Fiesta).
Penn State was ranked in the AP Top 25 for the 63 consecutive polls in which it was eligible from 2016-20, marking the third-longest streak in program history and longest streak since 1993-2000 when PSU was ranked for 121-straight weeks.
From 2016-19, Franklin led Penn State to 42 wins, the most in program history for the Big Ten era in a four-year span, and 28 league wins, a program record.

MDS

congrats on being on the 2nd or 3rd best team in the big 10 5 years ago

whens the parade

SD

He's 10-20 range for ncaa coaches. That's Penn State level. JoePa hadn't won shtein since 86' (although they were robbed in 94') and he's frequently mentioned on the mount Rushmore of college coaches. If your argument is he's not Nick Saban I agree.

MDS

dabo turned friggin clemson into a powerhouse...cincinnati is in the playoff this year....michigan state (!) has been in the playoff. penn state has the resources and everything to get there, but wont. because theyve tied themselves to a crap coach.

if this what you want, great! i despise penn st. temple is irrelevant so rooting against them is my cfb rooting interest. so farg yea hire franklin for forever what do i care

SD

Hell hath no fury like a Todd scorned

MDS

7 win season and finishing with a loss to a finished michigan st team

10 more years! 10 more years!

SD

Nobody thought they'd be good this season...up until Clifford got injured they were the best team in a very tough Big 10. Did you date a girl from penn state who dumped you for your best friend?

MDS

always smart to give a coach a 10 year extension in the middle of a season where "nobody thought theyd be good"

SD

Quote from: MDS on November 27, 2021, 08:30:10 PM
always smart to give a coach a 10 year extension in the middle of a season where "nobody thought theyd be good"

They were ranked 4th when Clifford got hurt. Weak argument

Gonna pretend someone didn't just post an Eskin tweet to make a point