DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on April 02, 2014, 08:48:21 PM
Quote from: hbionic on April 02, 2014, 08:15:24 PM
This is not the T.O. Situation by a long shot.

Not even close.

Yes it is.  We're going to get together at a tailgate, get shteinfaced, eat a lot of charred meats, and burn the farg out of a jersey.

say wha?....non homers are pissed at the front office not the player

you are correct tho in that this does mirror the TO situation...BUT FOR WASH....remember when the city exploded upon hearing the TO news...remember lehigh 04'...thats DC right now

Quote from: LBIggle on April 02, 2014, 08:28:03 PM
Quote from: TexasEagle on April 02, 2014, 08:16:01 PM
Quote from: LBIggle on April 02, 2014, 07:49:25 PM
it's a football team that none of us plays for.  but no one can deny this set the eagles back while also making a division rival better. 

Agree. I was irked they didn't/couldn't get anything for pimp before dumping his ass on the curb but I got over it in about 5 minutes. I was more shocked than anything else. Now... who gives a farg. Constantly bitching about it won't change reality.

Quote from: LBIggle on April 02, 2014, 07:49:25 PM
they had a chance to contend this year.

Disagree. Unless they picked up a slew of Defensive studs in the draft they're still way too weak on D to shut down anyone good in the playoffs.

that was the main gripe.. letting him walk and having him picked up by a division rival that most recently won the divison before the eagles did this past year.  but at this point i think not having any sort of explanation is the most frustrating thing.

if they make the playoffs anything could happen, especially if they get the favorable match ups.

its amazing what people will forget when trying to defend the front office....like that the team made the playoffs last year...that foles is the future and will only be better this year....that chipper is a genius...that sproles was an amazing move....that when i predicted they would miss the playoffs even with pimp i was a complete moron...yet now in an effort to defend anything the team does everyone is like oh i dont think they werent going to make the playoffs anyway and they DEFINITELY werent making the superbowl even if they did make the playoffs

all of a sudden this is a long term program thats all about buidling a private school for well behaved boys not winning a superbowl and homers LOVE it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BobbyT

Still a little surprised no team mates had his back on being released. It may be a mini North Korea there but it didn't stop shady from going off on his women on twitter.

Maybe I missed it but did the Eagles FO even give a public "We would like to thank Desean.....blah blah
"And with 1:16 remaining this place is in a state of shock!"

hunt

Quote from: BobbyT on April 03, 2014, 08:55:57 AM
Still a little surprised no team mates had his back on being released.

oh, didn't you hear?  all the eagles' players are racists. 
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

ice grillin you

Still a little surprised no team mates had his back on being released. It may be a mini North Korea there but it didn't stop shady from going off on his women on twitter.

Maybe I missed it but did the Eagles FO even give a public "We would like to thank Desean.....blah blah

they released a statement but it did not include any well wishes...something about after much consideration the eagles have decided to release desean jackson

and im not at all suprised no one is talking...the talking will happen if the offense isnt as good next year and wash passes the birds in the division....then the damn will break...for now the team is like many of the fans "in chip we trust"

ice grillin you

should also add that the players are obviously inside this whole thing so they at least know why he was released even if they may not agree with it...so to them its a - it is what it is situation..or i dont agree with it but i understand it and im not suprised

a lot of consternation with the fans...or at least for me...is that the eagles havent uttered a word about what happend except to let the nj.com piece fester...how do you do something this major and not own up to it

Seabiscuit36

How about Cris Carter tweeting out he feels for Djack, and that the eagles did the same thing to him when he was all sobered up.  Funny how his story changed from what it's been for years. 

As far as the players, I think you're right IGY.  The team seems to have had a discussion or something about it, as they're towing the company line where I feel like in the past you'd have a few dissenters.  All in all, I'm just pissed at how everything went down, the same as IGY.  It was not handled well from the start, and something that I dont think Big Red would allow to happen. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

hunt

the fo didn't think his on field production was worth his salary & diva attitude.  what else is there to know?  what could the fo say to make you feel better about dj getting cut?

ice grillin you

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on April 03, 2014, 09:24:21 AM
As far as the players, I think you're right IGY.  The team seems to have had a discussion or something about it, as they're towing the company line where I feel like in the past you'd have a few dissenters.  All in all, I'm just pissed at how everything went down, the same as IGY.  It was not handled well from the start, and something that I dont think Big Red would allow to happen. 

i think you said it the other day...andy would have said something...it wouldnt have been much and we would have wanted more but he would not have been a snake and used silence to defame someone...in fact he would have went out of his way to say how good of a kid desean is and he wishes him the best....even that pos banner would have released via unamed sources thru the media what exactly pimp did

again there may be a smoking gun but if there isnt the eagles have acted in a disgraceful manner thruout this whole thing...to the fans and to pimp

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: hunt on April 03, 2014, 09:29:10 AM
the fo didn't think his on field production was worth his salary & diva attitude.  what else is there to know?  what could the fo say to make you feel better about dj getting cut?
Say just that.  Say something.  To not utter a word other than a 11 word statement last Friday at 1130am, you think that's acceptable? 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

hunt

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on April 03, 2014, 09:36:03 AM
Say just that.  Say something.  To not utter a word other than a 11 word statement last Friday at 1130am, you think that's acceptable?

i don't really care what they say...it's pr bullcrap anyway.  and the eagles suck at pr.  the gang article leak was just the latest example of that.
but i don't think they cut dj because they were trying to make the team worse.

TexasEagle

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 03, 2014, 06:55:46 AM
its amazing what people will forget when trying to defend the front office....like that the team made the playoffs last year...that foles is the future and will only be better this year....that chipper is a genius...that sproles was an amazing move....that when i predicted they would miss the playoffs even with pimp i was a complete moron...yet now in an effort to defend anything the team does everyone is like oh i dont think they werent going to make the playoffs anyway and they DEFINITELY werent making the superbowl even if they did make the playoffs

::)

I wasn't referring to anyone specifically with my post but now I just think you like being a miserable bastich for no reason.

And no, I didn't think they'd make the Super Bowl last year (which I said before they even started the season) and no I don't think they'll make the Super Bowl this year, either. I'm a realist and this team has too many farging holes to be elite. Do I want them to win the Super Bowl, of course. Do I think it'll happen this year? farg no, but I'll be pleasantly surprised if it happens. Am I going to rant and rave and whine about it? No. I have better ways to waste my free time than that.

Happy misery to you, guy, you seem to love it.

BTW, NO ONE thought they were making the playoffs last year. They were supposed to be last in the East because first year head coach and NO fargING DEFENSE to speak of. They overachieved by leaps and bounds but the defense was still horrid.

TexasEagle

Quote from: hunt on April 03, 2014, 09:43:23 AM
Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on April 03, 2014, 09:36:03 AM

i don't really care what they say...it's pr bullcrap anyway.  and the eagles suck at pr.  the gang article leak was just the latest example of that.
but i don't think they cut dj because they were trying to make the team worse.

I'm with Hunt. Say something to what end? Just to say "something"? What difference would it make? Those of you still upset would still be upset no matter what they said, so really, what's the point?

ice grillin you

Quote from: TexasEagle on April 03, 2014, 09:49:41 AM
Happy misery to you, guy, you seem to love it.

and happy gold standard there is never anything to see here because everything will always be ok to you, chief, must be awesome to never care about anything at all

smeags

Quote from: Rome on April 02, 2014, 08:48:21 PM
Quote from: hbionic on April 02, 2014, 08:15:24 PM
This is not the T.O. Situation by a long shot.

Not even close.

Yes it is.  We're going to get together at a tailgate, get shteinfaced, eat a lot of charred meats, and burn the farg out of a jersey.

It's exactly the same thing, damn it.

Wanna go?

i have the lighter fluid ready.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

smeags

Quote from: hunt on April 03, 2014, 09:00:43 AM
Still a little surprised no team mates had his back on being released.

oh, didn't you hear?  all the eagles' players are racists.

especially trent cole, vick & maclin. 
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it