Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 07, 2021, 06:12:20 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 07, 2021, 05:33:02 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 07, 2021, 05:31:58 PM
who is doing the middle innings PBP on radio?

joe

who the farg is that?

As a middle school teacher, I can tell you... JOE MAMA!

(In my defense, I have heard this joke approximately 1.5 trillion times the last two school years.)

ice grillin you

game is never gonna end
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

@ j - rob brooks is doing it. he is in charge of broadcasting for the phillies, but not an actual pbp guy. its a cost cutting move. they evidently cannot afford another pbp dude or to just have franzke do it. i dont know, i dont have answers. he is utterly horrendous and its embarrassing. there are people who would be better whod do it for free.  evidently once things up open a bit they might have the money to hire back murph. but for now...yikes.

anyway if you ever curious why they phillies got nola for "cheap" well its because of today
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Thanks dude. Yeah he was brutal. Like a robot. I'm not joking when I think I'd do a better job.

Let Franzke do the whole damn game.

They could afford Murph. And Jim Jackson. Or dig up Harry.

Is Andy Musser still alive?

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 07, 2021, 06:42:43 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 07, 2021, 06:12:20 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 07, 2021, 05:33:02 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 07, 2021, 05:31:58 PM
who is doing the middle innings PBP on radio?

joe

who the farg is that?

As a middle school teacher, I can tell you... JOE MAMA!

(In my defense, I have heard this joke approximately 1.5 trillion times the last two school years.)

Lol I should've expected that

As for baseball...

Hoskins is hot.
Cutch is not.

And it feels weird to have a bullpen not shteinting down their legs. But there's still time!

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 07, 2021, 09:04:14 PM
Thanks dude. Yeah he was brutal. Like a robot. I'm not joking when I think I'd do a better job.

hes apparently the pbp guy for drexel hoops too. so he has some broadcasting experience but jesus yea. its rough. i dont know why franzke cant do the whole game. its a billion dollar business but they cant afford someone like jim jackson? seriously.

there are eons of minority and female aspiring pbp's who would a) do better and b) do it for free. yet here we are.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 07, 2021, 09:04:14 PM

I think I heard him during spring training.  Simply beyond awful. 

ice grillin you

have him replace McCarthy and it would be an auto upgrade

I'd you are bored and it's out there find his call of bohms hr today...it was farging pathetic

MDS

as bad as tmac is this dude is 1000x worse...its literally impossible to listen to. if i didnt read about him id thought hed never talked before.

the amazing thing about tmac is he is legit good on cbb and nfl. then for the phillies hes unbearable

MDS

jp crawford is 4/21 so far. all singles, one walk.

he had a weird hot streak last year but wound up with a 674 OPS. 2 homers.

a rare klentak W

ice grillin you

braves have Paul byrd running around the stadium doing clown shtein like Murph did for the phils and it's pretty embarrassing

MDS

feelin like a series where theyll be lucky to take a game, and matt moore is starting a game

SD

PhillyPhreak54

I hate Acuña. farg him.

Hoskins should've scooped it and now Bohm is too far in.

No bueno.