Let's all talk about our experiences smoking weed. That'll be farging great.

Started by Diomedes, May 09, 2008, 08:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

http://swampland.time.com/2013/02/06/pot-plans-efforts-surge-in-congress-to-reform-marijuana-laws/?hpt=hp_t2

NUMBERS:
QuoteThere were 1.5 million drug arrests made in the U.S. in 2011, according to the FBI. Of those arrests, over 660,000 were for possession of marijuana. The enforcement of federal marijuana laws, including incarceration, costs at least $5.5 billion annually, according to a study by the Cato Institute. In New York State alone, the estimated cost of marijuana-related arrests surpasses $75 million every year, according to the Drug Policy Alliance, a nonprofit that supports drug-policy reform.

Read more: http://swampland.time.com/2013/02/06/pot-plans-efforts-surge-in-congress-to-reform-marijuana-laws/#ixzz2KE3V7i4N
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/24/420-protester-pennsylvania_n_3148450.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009&utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false

Some bible thumper is pissed off because police decide not to arrest pot smokers at a weed rally on Saturday.  Props to the cops for staying out of Hamsterdam.

Related note:  I tried weed for the 1st time on Saturday after a long time friend's wedding.  Definitely enjoyed it and I was pretty farged up.  At the same time though, it's probably not going to be a regular recreational activity for me.  Glad I gave it a go, though.  You're next, crack. 

Munson

And I thought I'd be the oldest person I know to try weed for the first time.

I still don't know if I'll ever do it, but maybe someday.

I think if I ever did a drug, I'd wanna do shrooms so I can hallucinate.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 25, 2013, 09:59:12 AM
Glad I gave it a go, though.  You're next, crack.

you was fly once now you losin all your fronts.....started off light on the tip of hootie blunts.....now you gained a stripe and graduated to the pipe...took a long pull...hype....yeeeeeah head crack head crack...you smoked up that stack and admitted you was wack...ayo x wasnt that your man?....yeah i had to drop him....cause he caught on the plastic and i just couldnt stop em
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Munson on April 25, 2013, 10:09:04 AM
And I thought I'd be the oldest person I know to try weed for the first time.

I still don't know if I'll ever do it, but maybe someday.

I think if I ever did a drug, I'd wanna do shrooms so I can hallucinate.

Nah... never had it, never will.

hbionic

It's no big deal but you're not missing out either. Nice job Geo.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Sgt PSN

Quote from: hbionic on April 25, 2013, 08:21:31 PM
It's no big deal but you're not missing out either.

Pretty much.  My stoner friends in high school were always talking about how great it was getting high and my stoner friends today are always talking about how great it is getting high.   And while I certainly didn't hate it, I don't feel like I've cheated myself or missed out for waiting as long as I did.  It was really farging cool and I felt funny. 

But weed is a lot of work.  I didn't realize how much prep work went in to smoking it.  Sorting buds or whatever the hell my boy said he was doing.  Rolling the joint or packing a pipe or whatever.  Farg that.  Cigarettes are 100000x easier.  I just rip off the wrapper (so it's kind of like opening a Xmas present every day of the year) and light it.  So I'll probably just be a scavenger smoker and puff on other people's shtein once they've got it rolled or packed in a pipe.  No wonder potheads are lazy.  They put in a lot of work beforehand. 

MDS

geo do you not want to do it because its "illegal" or because you just dont want to do it

second question--have you ever smoked cigs
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hbionic

You should almost be sent to gay-jail for calling them "cigs" but I get the feeling that's what they call them, so, I think you got lucky. (They being cool people).
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on April 26, 2013, 02:21:52 AM
geo do you not want to do it because its "illegal" or because you just dont want to do it

second question--have you ever smoked cigs

For the first question:  Primarily because I have a long history of addiction in my family and addictive traits in my own personality.  It's also why I don't drink.  Most of the addiction in my family was alcohol, but I did have a cousin die when I was in college from a cocaine overdose.  I just made a conscious decision to not start using that stuff.

For the second question:  No.  My mother, my sister and my grandfather all did, and I could never stand the smell of the smoke.  Never had the slightest interest in picking it up.

ice grillin you

i spent most of the 90's drinking malt liquor smoking weed and listening to beats....god what a great time....then around the turn of the century i more or less stopped cold turkey and dont miss it at all...which is the great thing about weed

however if i didnt/couldnt drink id off myself....id rather drink myself to death at age 50 then live alcohol free until 75

Sgt PSN

Is it normal to forget what people are saying as soon as the words hit your ear drum when you're high?  Because that's what was happening to me.  Either that shtein hit me really hard since I have no tolerance or I really suck at getting high.  Because if my lone experience is any indication, had I smoked all through the 90s then I'd have forgotten pretty much everything about the 90s.

IGY....why'd you stop?  Personal choice or is this about the time you got a gov't job and had to start randomly pissing in a cup?

ice grillin you

my govt job doesnt piss test...it wasnt a concious or reasoned decision....just a maturation thing....got older and stopped going to hip hop clubs and big house parties

i was never a big sit on the couch with a bag of cool ranch and play madden smoker...or sit around with a couple buddies on a stoop and smoke...or smoke in a car before going into a movie....i would never just smoke to smoke....i would puff when something "big" was going and it was always centered around beats....naturally as we all get older those big things happen less and less...

since around 2000 ive probably smoked about 30 times and 25 of those were at eagle tailgates

Sgt PSN

Haha....some dude who tailgates with/next to Sus offered me a hit at one of the games I went to last year, but I declined.  Trying it has been on my list of things to do since the day I got out of the military but I wanted my 1st time to be farging special, not hitting off some strange dude's j in the WFC parking lot.  I'll lick spilled bourbon off the ground there but I wasn't popping my weed cherry in that shtein hole.  I've got standards. 

So one of my oldest friends is getting married on 4/20.  Only seemed logical to give it a go.  So instead of the WFC parking lot, I popped my cherry with an old friend on the 6th floor of the Conshohocken Residence Inn.  shtein was lovely.