Let's all talk about our experiences smoking weed. That'll be farging great.

Started by Diomedes, May 09, 2008, 08:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

I think you're discounting how great the North Pole was to work at, i wish i worked for Maidhoff
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

Quote from: Munson on August 23, 2010, 03:18:42 PMyadda yadda ya

You make solid points.

Even if the policy is not intentionally racist, the result is that black people are arrested/convicted/imprisoned at far too high a rate.   And since felons are permanent second class citizens--can't vote, can't work, can't collect government food or housing assistance, can't own a gun, etc.--what you've got is Jim Crow part deux.

With sentencing guidelines that make crack 20x worse than powder (recently amended down from 100x worse by those crazy liberals), the disparity is made all the more glaring.

If the result is racially skewed, the policy is racist by definition.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

Quote from: Diomedes on August 23, 2010, 03:26:28 PM
If the result is racially skewed, the policy is racist by definition.

That's actually not true, but far be it from me to side with Munson on an argument, so please carry on.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

I thought it might not be true, but it sounded good. 

What is it then when the results of a policy are grossly racially unfair?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

Unfortunate and in need of serious adjustment. Racism implies intent.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

Unfortunate is too weak, and perhaps racist too strong.

Criminal is what I'd call it.

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

Tomahawk

Quote from: rjs246 on August 23, 2010, 03:54:30 PM
Unfortunate and in need of serious adjustment. Racism implies intent.

Then it's discriminatory

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

Tomahawk

Diomedes

Sgt PSN

phattymatty

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous