Let's all talk about our experiences smoking weed. That'll be farging great.

Started by Diomedes, May 09, 2008, 08:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20100813/NEWS01/100813010/Newark-area-man-charged-with-trafficking-marijuana-candy

QuoteNewark area man charged with trafficking marijuana candy
By TERRI SANGINITI • The News Journal • August 13, 2010

Comments (7) Recommend Print this page E-mail this article Share Del.icio.us Facebook Digg Reddit Newsvine Buzz up!
Twitter FarkIt Type Size A A A A Newark area man who opened his apartment door to state drug and probation officers was charged with trafficking marijuana candy after officers saw some of the weed out in plain sight, police said today.

Alex R. Osgood, 23,, of the Hunters Crossing Apartments on Fairway Road, was charged late Tuesday with trafficking marijuana, possession with intent to deliver marijuana, maintaining a dwelling for drugs, and possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.

The arrest unfolded as members of the Governor's Task Force were at the complex checking curfews on probationers when they smelled a strong aroma of burnt marijuana coming from an unrelated apartment, said state police spokesman Cpl. Jeffrey Hale.

Task force members, consisting of state troopers and probation and parole officers, then saw two men walk out of the apartment reeking of marijuana.

The officers knocked on the door where the men had just exited, and Osgood answered and let them into the premises, Hale said.

After seeing the marijuana out in the open, troopers got a warrant to search the apartment.

A search netted 6.6 pounds of marijuana – 4.1 pounds of it bagged in individual packages as candy, that you eat rather than smoke, Hale said.

Troopers also seized 1.1 grams of hashish, a marijuana pipe and bong, a digital scale and $3,560 in suspected drug money.

Osgood was committed to the Young Correctional Institution after failing to post $6,000

So the Task force was checking probation on other people, smelled mj, and went in without a warrant.  Then filed for one later.  Board Lawyers, will that hold up?  Is someone smelling something probable cause? 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

Read it again.....the cops knocked and the guy let them in.  Drugs were in plain sight so they went and got a warrant.  This might not be a story if dumbass didn't actually let the cops in.

However, I do believe that smelling mj is probable cause (I know it is if you're driving and a cop pulls you over and smells it) so it's probably a moot point anyway.   

DH

It would  be the same thing as plain sight, I would guess. But, I'm gonna guess that the initial search was illegal.

Diomedes

Nothing illegal about that search at all. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

shorebird

Theres stuff out there that doesn't have to be burning to smell. I've seen stuff double bagged and put in glad seal tight containers, and you could still smell it.

ice grillin you

Quote from: shorebird on August 14, 2010, 09:51:55 PM
Theres stuff out there that doesn't have to be burning to smell. I've seen stuff double bagged and put in glad seal tight containers, and you could still smell it.

welcome to america
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

shorebird

Seabiscuit36

shorbird, i'm like a cheebahawk.  I can smeel good stuff 2 blocks over.  Its a skill i've gotten over the years.  you're just getting exposed to stuff outside the mexicano garbage you've probably had for years.  The Business has changed slightly

ice grillin you

you trying to educate people that weed smells when not lit is precious

potheads....potential buyers....drug sniffing dogs...aware parents....florists and anyone with a nose says hi

shorebird

Seabiscuit36

my goal is to open a shop the second that its legalized.  shtein my family is in immediate need as far as the medicinal purposes.  Cancersucks, vaporizers rule

Diomedes

Every major study has shown that whites use marijuana more than blacks, yet blacks are arrested for marijuana crimes at between twice and four times the rate whites are.

Thread title now changed.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

Eh.

I'd say probably 4/5ths of my white friends smoke weed. I've also never seen them smoke it in public. It's usually at a friends house, or in a car. I've seen more black people that I don't know just walking down the street with a blunt in their hand then I've seen white kids that I do know smoking it out in the open like that. And of course suburbanite white kids will get caught less, they don't live in the inner city where the cops roll by every 15 minutes.

Not saying I disagree with the numbers, and I agree that race probably place a part, but I can't sit here and say I agree that it's the biggest contributor to those numbers.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

the worst was in the 80's when it was perfectly acceptable on wall street to have your secretary set up lines of yay on your desk for you while posession of a crack rock got you 20 to life