iPhone from Apple

Started by mussa, January 11, 2007, 11:21:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

mussa

ive been an apple customer since around 2000 I got my first computer with them. Since then I have not been disappointed. In fact Ive had exactly one problem since using apple...and I fixed it myself with another software program. That was the old OS9 operating system. Not one problem since the new OSX. I can't see anything going wrong with the phone. The only thing about it is it has an internal battery that you can't change yourself. It is amazing...monthly plan is only 59.99 and you get unlimited internet access, 450 minutes and 200 text messages.

if you don't have an apple computer though your not taking full advantage of it. it automatically sync'd with my address book...put everyones number, email and address in my phone in a matter of seconds. it runs through itunes...so you can create a iphone playlist...add remove music to that playlist and every time you dock it, it either will take away music or add it. same goes with photos and video. icalender...if you add a date on the road...it will update your computer when you dock it. if you have your own biz or travel with business...its worth the money and the tax write off.

apparently apple is opening it up to 3rd party software companies...so more and more things can be added to it like applications, games...etc...
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 31, 2008, 05:23:13 PM
Perhaps I'll go check out the E70 just to see what it's all about. 

I think that's the phone the nerd computer hacker uses in "Live Free or Die Hard".

mussa

typical...i buy the phone last week, this week the 16gb model is released for 100 bucks more. i might either ask for $ back if price drops or spend the extra 100 to get twice the storage

http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/05/official-16gb-iphone-available/#comments

good thing is you can take it back within 14 days so I am hoping they arrive by next wednesday
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Cerevant

From what I've read, most of the sync functionality works on the PC as well - it will sync your address book and calendar from Outlook.

They've actually ponied up for a glass screen, so it should be much less susceptible to wear-out than plastic touch-screens (also more resistant to scratching).  Some worry that it is more fragile, but reports have been favorable.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

mussa

mussa

Just bought myself this for Xmas:

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/aircurve

Will make a better alarm clock and a small portable boom box for bathroom, out camping etc...

phattymatty

why get that garbage acoustic shtein when you can just get speakers.

mussa

Because I don't need speakers in my bedroom, bathroom or when I go camping etc...the point is its small portable and can make a decent amount of sound with no power needed. the iPhone speakers are really not loud at all...so this is a really easy, cheap and efficient way to amplify it.

Wingspan

that will be totally awesome for the hour and a half that the iphone keeps a charge.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

mussa

hah yea well that is the only issue I see if your not around power, but if you are you can simply use your iPhone charger cord to give it a charge, not a problem.

Diomedes

maybe you and I define camping differently

when I camp, there is no power or music.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

reese125

then how the hell are you going to shroom without listening to the Grateful Dead...impossible

Diomedes

you are clueless

if you had to pick a big mainstream band to pair with your camping shrooms comment, you couldn't even come up with Pink Floyd?

mussa

Quote from: Diomedes on December 23, 2008, 05:27:21 PM
maybe you and I define camping differently

when I camp, there is no power or music.

camping to me is like going some place and maybe hiking not far to camp, tunes are a must.

now hiking on the other hand is hiking and setting camp for a night and hiking and doing the same for however long. you don't want to carry much weight