PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: Wingspan on February 23, 2006, 03:52:13 PM
i've never read something so wrong.

Wait....

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 23, 2006, 03:54:18 PM

you think you do...but trust me you really dont

if beer didnt contain alcohol no one would EVER drink it again

He breaks his own record...
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Wingspan

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 23, 2006, 03:54:18 PM
i've never read something so wrong.

i enjoy the taste of beer.

you think you do...but trust me you really dont

if beer didnt contain alcohol no one would EVER drink it again

no shtein. what gives beer it's flavor, gives it it's alcohol content.

and truust me, i do enjoy the taste of beer. not bud, or OE88...but good beer. and not all big beer is bad, and not all microbeers are good either. i genuinely enjoy the taste of good beer. and it's a hobby of mine, i brew my own as well (although not nearly as often as i would like).

people's taste in beers varies greatly, so i can not say one style is better than the other...
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

qwert246

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 23, 2006, 03:34:07 PM
all beer tastes like crap...those taste less like crap than most

no one can tell me they actually like the taste of beer...you drink beer for one reason and one reason only...to get lambasted...if you want to quench your thirst its gatorade or water...if you want something with a certain food its milk and cookies or a t-bone cheese eggs and a welches grape...if you want something that tastes good its coke...sprite snapple or whatever your favorite drink may be
I might drink a soda with some foods, but beer goes well with pizza.  And I don't think I want sushi without a beer.
Cheap beer tastes like crap, but a nice stout or porter tastes pretty good.  Not just for the alcohol.
If I strictly want to get drunk, I'll just drink bourbon.

SD_Eagle5

no one can tell me they actually like the taste of beer...you drink beer for one reason and one reason only...to get lambasted...if you want to quench your thirst its gatorade or water...if you want something with a certain food its milk and cookies or a t-bone cheese eggs and a welches grape...if you want something that tastes good its coke...sprite snapple or whatever your favorite drink may be

I couldn't disagree with you more.

Feva

no one can tell me they actually like the taste of beer...you drink beer for one reason and one reason only...to get lambasted...if you want to quench your thirst its gatorade or water...if you want something with a certain food its milk and cookies or a t-bone steak cheese eggs and a welches grape...if you want something that tastes good its coke...sprite snapple or whatever your favorite drink may be

I wouldn't say all that.  I like the taste of beer.  I drink beer with some foods, depending on what it is... most foods, I'll just have a soda, but with some wings in front of a game... gotta have a beer.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

MadMarchHare

Good rule of thumb:  Rice tastes like nothing, wheat is very flavorful.

Don't make beer with rice.
Anyone but Reid.

rjs246

Saying people don't like the taste of beer is like shooting fish in a barrel. Too easy. Guaranteed way to get a reaction.

By the way, I have two family member off the top of my head who can't hold their booze who drink O'Douls for the taste.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Geowhizzer

jeffreyjpa

For the past five years, I have been drinking mostly Sierra Nevada, Sam Adams, and various Belgian products. Agreed on Hoegaarden, it's a current favorite, and Chimay, Ommegang, and Delirium Tremens are also excellent Belgians. Victory's beers (especially Hop Devil) are also very good, as are the Old Domion products in Virginia. And, Guiness (and most stouts) is of course a staple.

Yuengling is a fallback if I'm just looking for a decent beer, but nothing really flavorful. All of the Bud, Miller, and Coors flagship products suck ass...I'll relucantly drink these at a party, if that's all they have, unless there's Captain Morgan.

Haven't had the Sam Adams Cream Stoudt yet, but will check it out based on the positive feedback on this thread.

rjs246

Quote from: jeffreyjpa on February 23, 2006, 06:48:24 PM
... and Delirium Tremens...

I love that there's a beer named that.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

jeffreyjpa

If you haven't had it, trust me...it's good shtein. Has a pink elephant on the artwork...

Sgt PSN

Quote from: EagleFeva on February 23, 2006, 02:00:02 PM
Red Stripe
Miller Lite

Bitches.

Dude, next time you pop the top on a Red Stipe, take a nice big swig out of it and then pour in some Capt Morgans.  It's delicious. 

PhillyPhreak54

Molson Golden
Dos Equis
Miller High Life

If I want a cheap beer I'll pick up a 6 pack or two of High life tallboys.

But I drink Molson Golden regularly. That stuff is excellent.

And I love the taste of beer moreso than hard liquor.

Rome

I've been drinking Stella Artois lately because the Irish Pub in town has had it on special.

It's actually not bad at all.  It takes a while to get used to the taste but overall it's not a bad tasting brew.

I also love Kirin with Japanese food.  I don't know why but that shtein goes down like water when your eating sushi or a nice teriyaki steak & shrimp dinner.

As for the American slop they sell, I used to love Yuengling Black & Tan but that gives me a vile headache if I've had more than four or five of them.  Same goes for the Lager also.  I don't know when that started but I just can't drink it anymore.  If I have to drink something American, I'll stick with Budweiser.  Coors & Miller products give me the wicked shteins so they're out totally.

Eagles_Legendz