A New Politics Thread

Started by Diomedes, July 08, 2022, 06:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Diomedes on February 03, 2023, 06:01:44 AM
This is the least of what happens when you ban books.

The newly elected school board of Collier County (Naples - where I live, but I work in Lee County) has apparently pulled all of their social studies textbooks because of "woke ideology."

The teachers have to find and/or create all of their materials to cover the state standards... but those have to be submitted for approval.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Which is, of course, part of the goal.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

True.  Not a teacher's fight though; Let 'em have their pyrrhic victories, and get to safety. 

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

I don't think it's pyrrhic at all. They get fewer public teachers, get to push homeschooling and expensive private schooling, and push education out of the hands of people that can't afford it. Now you've got even more people who won't learn that America is built on atrocity after atrocity, and will become violent when anyone even hints that it might be, completely oblivious to the irony because nobody taught them what irony is.

Meanwhile, the people responsible for it are completely isolated from any consequences and are instead reaping financial benefits.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

At some point, as the State slides further and closer to an American Taliban dystopia, even the most removed figures will feel the consequences.  Especially when people burn their homes and shoot their dogs.

MDS

Quote from: Geowhizzer on February 03, 2023, 09:59:14 AM
Quote from: Diomedes on February 03, 2023, 06:01:44 AM
This is the least of what happens when you ban books.

The newly elected school board of Collier County (Naples - where I live, but I work in Lee County) has apparently pulled all of their social studies textbooks because of "woke ideology."

The teachers have to find and/or create all of their materials to cover the state standards... but those have to be submitted for approval.

can you even be a teacher in florida anymore...like how does one "teach" there
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

My daughter is an English teacher at a middle school in Jacksonville. The Nazi fargs removed all the books in her library.  No problem though.  She's one and done in this hell hole of a state.  Sad, really. 

SD

Any bets on how long till she starts using the N word?

https://twitter.com/davramdavram/status/1625123964644106241 46&t=kSHA_KjZ8CRvFdAt7ZvrWQ

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

this dude's life spiraled so out of control after the nazi rally he was living in mexico and running fentanyl over the border for cartels. got arrested for it. a few weeks ago on the day his trial started, he offed himself. leaves behind 5 kids and a planet who are better off without him.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

His wife/baby momma marrying a Jew to raise his kids would complete the circle

PhillyPhreak54

I'm not shocked by this but the idiot Mattress Mark, known right wing boomer nut job, filed suit in court today trying to overturn the Harris County judge vote.

Judge is kinda like a county mayor here btw - but he backed a soulless woman who conveniently used her Spanish maiden name to appeal to voters - and lost. He dumped $400k into her campaign. He used business ads to stump for her and he also bought her endorsement by the Houston Chronicle.

He also took six months to pay out his dumb 2020 election promotion bc "we just don't know who won".

The cherry on top and the GOP mantra of rules for thee but not for me is he opposes legalized gambling in TX because he's got impulse issues.

I'm sick of that dude getting airtime and I'm glad the Phillies fans who got after him did.

MDS

Quote from: Hurts_Defense_Superbowl on February 14, 2023, 10:26:03 PM

to be clear its the dude in black...i want to say the guy with the amon goth hair got IDed immediately and tried to backtrack to save face. the dude in black loved the attention and tried to become a star in the nazi world. it didnt work, which is why he was running drugs a few years later. womp womp

hopefully his woman is next

Diomedes

Quote from: MDS on February 14, 2023, 11:02:19 PM
Quote from: Hurts_Defense_Superbowl on February 14, 2023, 10:26:03 PM

to be clear its the dude in black..

Much obliged and good riddance