2022 Draft Thread

Started by ice grillin you, February 16, 2022, 10:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

He has to have naked pix of half the GM's in the NFL. 

This trade is just unbelievable. 

QB Eagles

Saints must have a very specific plan to deal this early and in such a one sided fashion. They probably aren't done moving.

ice grillin you

howie should be on the phone with the chargers right now talking about 15
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Anyone who thought all three picks would be made don't know Howie. He was definitely looking to get a first next season.

Howie crushed this trade.

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 04, 2022, 05:16:45 PM
howie should be on the phone with the chargers right now talking about 15

That was my exact thought.  New Orleans traded to get ahead of the Chargers.  Howie can hold an even bigger hammer over the Clippers.   

QB Eagles

Next year's draft is going to be a wild scramble for QBs. Eagles are now the fifth team with multiple 2023 firsts and all five could be in the QB market. 13 months for additional teams to ammo up, too.

General_Failure

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 04, 2022, 06:40:57 PM
Anyone who thought all three picks would be made don't know Howie. He was definitely looking to get a first next season.

Thought no, hoped yes. The odds were better that they'd find one good player out of three first round picks. I have more faith in the 7th round pick turning into a starter than I do either of the first round picks in either year.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Eagaholic

Quote from: QB Eagles on April 04, 2022, 09:18:36 PM
Next year's draft is going to be a wild scramble for QBs. Eagles are now the fifth team with multiple 2023 firsts and all five could be in the QB market. 13 months for additional teams to ammo up, too.
Yeah, that's one reason I can't get as excited as everyone else about the trade. I've heard for some time about Howie trading to get a second 1st round pick next year 'to go up and get a QB', but it's not like going to the 7-eleven to get a snickers bar. We have no idea how the QB scene will look next year. If there are only a couple of prospects that are projected as true franchise quarterbacks and then a big drop off, and the teams that are at the top of the draft are there because they have no QB, good luck. And even if Howie is able to engineer some Carson Wentz like deal, if could turn out to be another Carson Wentz. And what if Hurts makes some nice progress, but nothing yet that looks like he'd be able to lead a team to a SB victory, what do you do? It's still no-man's land.

On the upside, it does help the cap and I didn't realize this year how much I'd enjoy rooting against another team whose pick we have, so there is that.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

If. A huge if. But if Hurts proves he's a solid NFL starter they're positioned well to build a nice roster

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 04, 2022, 10:04:17 PM
If. A huge if. But if Hurts proves he's a solid NFL starter they're positioned well to build a nice roster

Hurts stinks and wouldn't be the starter in the fall if the draft class was average or any high end vet wanted to play in Philly. I still think Howie was poised to go after Watson this offseason but then the kid jizzed on a bunch of masseuses (and declined to lift his no-trade clause to play for the Eagles to boot).

To evolve into a franchise-quality (top 15) starter Hurts would at minimum need to level up a few times in arm strength, reading defenses, accuracy, and mechanics, while not losing his scrambling ability. It's not impossible but highly unlikely. He seems to work hard and have good leadership abilities.

In all likelihood he will be the 25th or so best starter. He's not Ben DiNucci but if he's the starter in 2023, something has either gone very wrong or very right.

PhillyPhreak54

More likely than not yeah he doesn't turn into a stud. Or even above average.

And you're right. If Watson didn't like happy endings he'd be an Eagle.

Eagaholic

Nice link, Don. Hope it holds up that there will actually be 7 or so 1st round qb prospects.

SD

Attention to detail fail: just noticed the future 2nd is in 2024 not 2023. I still like the trade but the values a bit diminished.

I wouldn't mind another trade back in the 1st if they could pick up another 2nd. There's a lot of depth at need positions

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on April 04, 2022, 09:18:36 PM
Eagles are now the fifth team with multiple 2023 firsts

There are an all time record 8 this year
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous