2022 Draft Thread

Started by ice grillin you, February 16, 2022, 10:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on February 17, 2022, 02:06:11 PM
corner id agree....wide out i suspect theyll be IN on mike williams who would certainly alter

getting an established big wr to pair with devonta/quez makes a ton of sense

they have almost zero chance at mike williams....his price will be too high due to the bidding war that will be out there for him...not sure how much that would matter anyway...they would easily take a wr in the first round even if they signed him...williams would give them only two legit starting nfl wr's...and its not like they have one first rounder where a big time free agent WR would eliminate the chance at a wr in r1...as long as the player has the proper value to be taken mid first round any position is possible when you have three picks
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Watching Devin White and Lavonte  David I'm the wild card made me wonder what it would be like to have a legit NFL linebacker or two in an Eagles uniform..
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Trotter was about the only one.

General_Failure

Skipping over Eagles legends Levon Kirkland, Shawn Barber, and Carlos Emmons to go for your meme pick. Disgusting.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 17, 2022, 07:49:01 PM
Trotter was about the only one.

the pre-andy eagles were pretty bad by all accounts. ray lost the team, who knows what the scouting dept was like. they bottomed out at 3-13 and everything, but sometimes i think about how, in those 3 years, they randomly drafted a ton of foundational pieces for the early andy runs. this is the same scouting dept that took jon harris in the 1st so theres no way there was a lot of thought into these picks. total ass backwards success.

96 1st - mayberry
96 2nd - dawk
96 udf - hollis
97 3rd - duce
97 5th - nd kalu
97 7th - koy
97 udf - chad
98 1st - tra
98 3rd - trot
98 3rd - rossum
98 4th - whiting
98 5th- ike

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: General_Failure on February 17, 2022, 08:17:16 PM
Skipping over Eagles legends Levon Kirkland, Shawn Barber, and Carlos Emmons to go for your meme pick. Disgusting.

Haha

Thought about you when I wrote that

ice grillin you

wow just saw the ojabo news

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 19, 2022, 01:41:37 PM
wow just saw the ojabo news

Howie's already planning the move back so he can pick him

ice grillin you

Even for them the eagles draft hat is atrocious

SD

This years draft just got a lot less interesting
https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/eagles-draft-trade-saints-blockbuster-spadaro

QuoteAnd on this day of April 4, 2022, Howie Roseman strikes with another NFL Draft trade bombshell: The Eagles have added more draft capital for this season and for the future. Philadelphia has agreed to trade the 16th and 19th overall picks, along with a sixth-round pick (No. 194 overall) in the 2022 NFL Draft to New Orleans in exchange for five draft picks. From the Saints, the Eagles will receive:
• The 18th overall pick in the 2022 NFL Draft
• A third-round draft pick from New Orleans, the 101st overall selection in 2022
• A seventh-round pick from the Saints, the 237th overall selection in 2022

• A first-round pick from New Orleans in the 2023 NFL Draft
• A second-round pick from New Orleans in the 2024 NFL Draft
Roseman struck early with the NFL Draft still three-plus weeks away and the deal gives the Eagles plenty of flexibility for 2022 and in the years to come. The key here is flexibility, as the Eagles kept the first of their three first-round draft picks for 2022 (they still have two first-rounders, Nos. 15 and 18) and added a third-round pick (No. 101 overall) and a seventh-rounder (No. 237 overall) this season, plus they have a No. 1 pick from New Orleans in 2023 and a second-rounder from the Saints in 2024.

MDS

i have no idea how he keeps doing this...a 23 1st is worth so much more than a 22 1st because youve got multiple franchise qbs in that draft and none in this one. and he pulled the trade off with a team who just lost their coach and is starting jameis winston at qb!

the caveat for the saints is most of their D is intact, theyve got 4 wins vs carolina and atlanta and have tampa's number. so pulling off 9-10 wins is possible.

ill trade the 1 this year for following the saints next year knowing *we* have their 1
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: MDS on April 04, 2022, 04:14:12 PM
i have no idea how he keeps doing this...a 23 1st is worth so much more than a 22 1st because youve got multiple franchise qbs in that draft and none in this one. and he pulled the trade off with a team who just lost their coach and is starting jameis winston at qb!

the caveat for the saints is most of their D is intact, theyve got 4 wins vs carolina and atlanta and have tampa's number. so pulling off 9-10 wins is possible.

ill trade the 1 this year for following the saints next year knowing *we* have their 1

I think it's more likely than not the Saints pick is in the 10-15 range or lower next season. Howie can't draft worth a shtein but he maximizes draft capital. He essentially traded a mid first for a 1st,2nd and 3rd.

MDS

the saints have definite blowup potential...bad qb play, kamara hurt and old, mike thomas who knows, lost their coach, defense older. its possible.

they also could be an average offensive team with a top 10 d. that combo doesnt yield super bowls but it does contend for playoff spots, which puts the pick in the late teens.

im just happy to have something to follow this year and that they are ammo-ing up for the qb class

MDS

this is insane...trade boils down to this:

howie got a 23 1st, 24 2nd and 22 3rd for a mid round 1st

QB Eagles

Quote from: MDS on April 04, 2022, 04:25:08 PM
kamara hurt and old

Also might be suspended for a month plus.