Offseason 2022 - To Hurts Or Not To Hurts

Started by MDS, January 16, 2022, 03:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

I realize Kerrigan was worthless but it was a bargain basement one year contract in an offseason where the team had no money. Who cares. He basically did what he was paid to do. Fill space on a zesty team and not actively sabotage the defense. Barely worth a mention in a list of Howie's past, present, and future mistakes.

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 17, 2022, 04:17:11 PM
Ward is valuable on STs and can catch the ball - think modern day Dameane Douglas type

yea im sure the other 31 teams are going to be fighting the eagles for a special teams player who can catch
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

You sleep in your hyperbolic chamber last night?

MDS

i will likely have as many catches as greg ward going forward
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

PhillyPhreak54

phattymatty

Kerrigan had his only good game of the season so he's 100% back next year.  Bet.

Don Ho

Quote from: Rome on January 17, 2022, 01:23:27 PM
Quote from: Don Ho on January 17, 2022, 06:43:49 AM
Can you photoshop Rome burning in the background?  I'll take the Tongan eruption too.

Wait what?

You're always "Romey" to me.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

i didnt catch the howie/nick presser but evidently they (fake) committed to hurts and claimed reagor was a #3 wr

#3? more like #30 hey-yo

SD

Unless they get Rodgers and Adams there's no other qb they can get to really improve. I don't think Hurts is the answer I also don't think he's as bad as he's made out to be. He's on a rookie deal and this is a weak qb draft (I see a bunch of desperation reaches) so there's really no other option.

MDS

Quote from: TAFKASD on January 19, 2022, 06:18:29 PM
Unless they get Rodgers and Adams there's no other qb they can get to really improve. I don't think Hurts is the answer I also don't think he's as bad as he's made out to be. He's on a rookie deal and this is a weak qb draft (I see a bunch of desperation reaches) so there's really no other option.

yea theyre basically in this spot...if you cant get either one of those guys and its extraordinarily unlikely they will for a number of different reasons....their only play is run it back with hurts, use your assets to inject some talent into the defense while saving some kind of capital for 2023.

the ceiling is low with hurts but theyre not going to blow it up and tank so this is what we got

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

He'll absolutely outlast Wentz in the NFL.

The man. The myth. The legend.