Week 6 - Ravens: L

Started by MDS, October 11, 2020, 06:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on October 19, 2020, 07:43:27 PM
willie t was mad overrated by eagles fans....i think the nickname mightve endeared himself?

he was a good solid lb but nothing more...could of nice seasons in the mid 90s. eagles let him go and he was out of the league 2 years later.

their current linebackers are a few miles short of 'good solid' so hed be an improvement, sure.

A few light years short of "good solid" is more like it.

General_Failure

We long for the days of Mark Gastineau.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Geowhizzer

General_Failure

Look in your heart and tell me you really deserve a Stewart Bradley.

MDS

Quote from: General_Failure on October 19, 2020, 07:48:30 PM

mark simoneau

mark gastineau was a jet who had the sack record until strahan stole it from him
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

Right, right. Can we get Gastineau instead?

PhillyPhreak54

willie t was mad overrated by eagles fans....i think the nickname mightve endeared himself?

he was a good solid lb but nothing more...could of nice seasons in the mid 90s. eagles let him go and he was out of the league 2 years later.

their current linebackers are a few miles short of 'good solid' so hed be an improvement, sure.

You were like four when he played. Relax.

MDS

i know i look good but i was a little older than that

hes a great eagle and was def a good player but i didnt miss his canton induction
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: Geowhizzer on October 19, 2020, 07:50:07 PM
Quote from: General_Failure on October 19, 2020, 07:48:30 PM

Stewart Bradley?

If I recall we had fun with Stewart Bradley on this board.

And I forgot what a LB is.  shtein, I went from Bill Bergey, Frank LeMaster, Jerry Robinson, Seth Joyner, Byron Evans to the downhill spiral of what we have now.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

General_Failure

I can't help but think the lack of good LBs could be overlooked if not for two minor details. First, they have almost no DBs worth mentioning. And B, we're in a very pass catching TE-friendly era of the NFL.

ice grillin you

if anything he's underrated cause Byron evans and Seth overshadowed him in the 90's...he's obviously not as good as them but he was really really good/great
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous