Jason Peters - Philadelphia Eagle

Started by mikey418, April 17, 2009, 01:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Quote from: General_Failure on December 17, 2011, 11:54:31 AM
I can't really put much stock in Mudd's opinion since the rest of the line is pretty awful this year.

He's gonna farg you up with those crutches.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Eagaholic

Jason Peters was alread likely out for the season after rupturing his Achilles. Then, he did it again when his Roll-A-Bout broke (see story).

But while his 2012 season is already very unlikely, Peters might lose quite a bit of money too.

According to ESPN's Chris Mortenson, Peters, as well as Baltimore's Terrell Suggs, falls under the nonfootball-injury provision of the collective bargaining agreement.

Peters was injured during off-site training, which by the terms of the CBA is a "nonfootball injury."

This doesn't mean the Eagles won't pay Peters. It is certainly their decision. But according to Mortenson's sources, both Peters and Suggs "are facing a financial reduction in 2012."

Mortenson also says that Peters will be subject to a loss of at least $3.25 million of his $7.9 million base salary because that's how much the Eagles are paying his replacement, Demetress Bell. The Eagles have already discussed a pay cut with Peters and his agent.

MDS

what a moment for the bean counters
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Banner was probably sitting at his desk reading the contract and highlighting the clause while furiously beating off.

Eagaholic

Especially since he designed Peters contract so that despite all the money, that they can still cut him at any point now with zero cap hit. faWAP

BigEd76

QuotePeters came off NFI on Monday and the Eagles have three more weeks before they have to make their next decision. At the end of Week 9 (on Nov. 6) they can either designate Peters as practice eligible, which affords them another three-week window before activating him, or place him on injured reserve to end his season. He doesn't qualify for the new short-term injured reserve distinction.

Reid made it clear that he plans to use all of the next six weeks to give Peters the maximum amount of time needed not only to complete his rehab but also to get back into game shape and prepared for a late-season push. And, he hopes, the postseason.

Peters realistically could play Dec. 2 against Dallas at Cowboys Stadium, the first of the Eagles' final five games.

Reid also mildly compared the recent comeback of Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs from the same injury to Peters' attempt. Suggs tore his Achilles in the last week of April, about three weeks after Peters fell off a medical scooter and suffered a second tear.

"There's a chance," Reid said. "You saw Suggs go through his thing. Now Jason has had two of those, and I'm not gonna put him at risk. That's not what we're going to do. We're going to make sure the doctors are on board, Jason is on board and then we go from there.

"The other guys are playing now and that's what they're doing. If Jason is physically able to be there, that's OK. I'm not going to do anything to risk further injury."
"We'll just see how he does here," Reid said. "He's not ready right now."

PhillyPhreak54

Everytime I read about him falling off the "medical scooter" I think of the awful life alert commercials that run during daytime tv.

PoopyfaceMcGee

If Jason Peters is playing left tackle, can they sine Peter Jasons to play right tackle?

Eagaholic

hbionic

Quote from: FastFreddie on October 24, 2012, 07:25:12 PM
If Jason Peters is playing left tackle, can they sine Peter Jasons to play right tackle?

It depends what function they would expect him to have.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

fwiw peters said at his presser that hes been 100% healthy since january and had the eagles made the playoffs he would have played
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

this is rather encouraging...

QuoteNew head coach Chip Kelly expects that to change. For one, he brought in former Alabama offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland to bring the line back to playing with physicality. For another, the line will be much healthier, perhaps most especially Peters. According to Stoutland, the veteran left tackle is looking as good as he did pre-injury:

"Honestly, you wouldn't know Jason ever had an injury," Stoutland said. "For a guy his size, the leverage that he gains. . . he plays so low to the ground. Moves his feet so fast. Out of all the players I've ever coached, he's got the best balance and body control of anybody I've ever seen.''
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons