The Race(ism)/Hate Thread

Started by ice grillin you, May 17, 2006, 08:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadMarchHare

Think MLK would be happy with the state of affairs today?  I sure don't.  He wanted all people to be treated equally.  Listening to people pimp we need to go to extra efforts to help blacks would rile him up.
Anyone but Reid.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: MadMarchHare on May 18, 2006, 08:31:04 AM
Think MLK would be happy with the state of affairs today?  I sure don't.  He wanted all people to be treated equally.  Listening to people pimp we need to go to extra efforts to help blacks would rile him up.

*ding*

ice grillin you

regardless of color the people who are worse off need more help...happens that after 400 years of getting their asses kicked in this country blacks are in a more needy position than whites...it has less to do with helping a particular race than it does helping the downtrodden...when blacks are on equal footing then they should get equal help...until then they deserve more as do all people in that situation

blacks were getting lynched on the regular 40 years ago...and now all of a sudden everything is equal?...our country stuffs them into atrocious inner city areas in an unteneble situation and expects them to come out of that the same as we are...i dont think so...yeah im a bleeding heart (and proud of it) but to me you help people worse off than you...its as simple as that
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Cerevant

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 18, 2006, 09:25:33 AM
regardless of color the people who are worse off need more help...
Agreed.

Quotehappens that after 400 years of getting their asses kicked in this country blacks are in a more needy position than whites...
Also true

Quoteit has less to do with helping a particular race than it does helping the downtrodden...
See, that's where you make an ass of yourself.  What was the title of this thread again?

Quotewhen blacks are on equal footing then they should get equal help...until then they deserve more as do all people in that situation
Equal help to whom?  Where in this article does it say that blacks are getting a worse deal?  See your last point...

Quoteblacks were getting lynched on the regular 40 years ago...and now all of a sudden everything is equal?
There's statement which is completely off topic and inflammatory.

Quote...our country stuffs them into atrocious inner city areas in an unteneble situation and expects them to come out of that the same as we are
I hadn't read an article about forced relocation or concentration camps - link?

News flash: poor people live in crappy neighborhoods.  Big shocker there... 

Quote...i dont think so...yeah im a bleeding heart (and proud of it) but to me you help people worse off than you...its as simple as that
I agree, but I don't have to put a skin color label on it to make me feel good.  See, that's what not being a racist is - you help people that need help regardless of what they look like, what they talk like, or what god they worship.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

phillymic2000

Quoteour country stuffs them into atrocious inner city areas in an unteneble situation and expects them to come out of that the same as we are

And it amazes me that the "poor inner city community" continues to vote politicians in year after year that do nothing for them in their cities and federal government.

ice grillin you

the fact is that no matter what happens or who gets voted in...the people in power in this country...old rich white men...are not going to help those people...period...see the thread title again

its the reason why open air drug markets thrive in west philly but the minute a white teenager dies from an oxy overdose its a national epidemic

its why there is a liquor store on every corner of the inner city but the worlds largest cocktail party has to change its name

its why the fbi can be used to find natalie hollway in another country but west oak lane cant get a police patrol

Phanatic

West oak lane can't get a patrol because things have gotten so bad they don't want to get shot at, and then accused of police brutality when they fire back... It's kind of lose lose for everyone.

There are bad people in it for the wrong reasons in all 'institutions' because they are just a cross section of society and anything in our society that is a problem, like racism, will be a problem in the institution. It's made up of the same people.

A buddy of mine works on a local drug task force. I'm blown away by some of the stories he tells. You could stake out ANY hotel from Philly to California and make a drug bust within a week. Trafficking is absolutly HUGE! These guys seize millions of dollars in cash money and it doesn't even put a dent in the traffickers business. I'm afraid that drugs has become big business and there is no way to know how much the market is actually worth. Any business illegal or not with that kind of money behind it has a way of getting a pass through Government for all the wrong reasons. People are easily corruptable I'm afraid. I'm kind of amazed that it all stays together sometimes.

You want to talk about the real problem with the borders? I don't think it has anything to do with immigration and everything to do with drug trafficking.
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

ice grillin you

absolutely...if they wanted to cut down on trafficking they could...eliminate it of course not...but with a concerted effort they could put a huge dent in it...but they dont want to..they just want to keep it out of certain areas...after all black people dont own poppy fields...fill the inner cities with guns liquor and drugs and you keep the undesireables where you want them...its population control too

West oak lane can't get a patrol because things have gotten so bad they don't want to get shot at, and then accused of police brutality when they fire back

sorry but that is a complete and utter bullshtein copout...we can use resources to invade an entire country but cant get some security on one street in west philly...

Phanatic

If you are asking for military force to be used on the home soil that sets a dangerous and completely new president. It is not one I would want to see here in the United States, however I think the right answer would be to invest more tax $$ into law enforcement and encourage local representation somehow, though I don't agree with mandating that. If someone is willing to do the job I wouldn't discourage them. The other thing is that you don't want poor people to live in a "police" state. That has equally bad and racial ramifications. No easy answers really.

Didn't Camden almost call in the National Guard at one point, but instead opted with the State Police? Wasn't the local police force totally corrupt and useless thus causing the city to have the highest murder rate in the country or something? I don't remember the details.

Unfortunately local government representation in poor neighborhoods will be even more susceptible to corruption. In the end human nature always gets in the way.
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

PoopyfaceMcGee

ice grillin you

^^^^
true

id also like to say murp gets it and thank him for allowing a hip-hop thread on his board

MURP

ha, who are you kiddin.  If this was my board, "hip hop" would have be filtered to "black metal" and we would be discussing Burzum and Darkthrone instead of the Insane Clown Posse.   ;)

PoopyfaceMcGee

You can always discuss "black metal" with your Asian friend Chris Gocong.

General_Failure

I'll start a Death Polka thread tomorrow. You'll all like it, it's hard as farg.

The man. The myth. The legend.

rjs246

Black people eat fried chicken and don't like hockey.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.