The Race(ism)/Hate Thread

Started by ice grillin you, May 17, 2006, 08:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

I'm 1000% convinced trump is winning a second term so I have to rely on shtein like this to stay sane each day and this is making me amazingly happy

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-chris-cantwell-charlottesville-20170818-story,amp.html
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

The filter here is dumb.  That is all.

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 19, 2017, 07:09:58 AM
I'm 1000% convinced trump is winning a second term so I have to rely on shtein like this to stay sane each day and this is making me amazingly happy

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-chris-cantwell-charlottesville-20170818-story,amp.html

This is a good companion piece to the article you posted a few days ago link

particularly insights like: 
QuoteWhat does an angry white boy really want? "A girlfriend," comes the mocking answer, and there's probably more to that than mockery. The proprietor of one of the nation's premier websites for neo-Nazi knuckleheads advised his colleagues in Charlottesville that, after the protest — which included a murder — "random girls will want to have sex with you." I ran this proposition past a few random girls, and I suspect that the apfelstrudelführers are going to go home disappointed. There are many shades of white, and Mom's-basement white is the least popular crayon in the box.

and

QuoteA great many of these young men have an interest in evolutionary psychology and evolutionary sociology — they like to think of themselves as "alpha males," as though they were living in a chimpanzee troop — but it never occurs to them to consider their own status as rejects and failed men in that context. Online fantasy lives notwithstanding, random girls do not want to have sex with them. How do we know this? Because they are carrying tiki torches in a giant dork parade in Charlottesville. There's no prom queen waiting at home. If we credit their own sociobiological model, they are the superfluous males who would have been discarded, along with their genetic material, by the pitiless state of nature. The fantasy of proving that they are something else is why they dream of violence and confrontation. They are the products of the soft liberal-democratic society they hold in contempt — and upon which they depend, utterly. James Alex Fields Jr. is angry at the world, and angry at his mother, probably for the same reason. What does an angry white boy want? The fact that they get together to play dress-up — to engage in a large and sometimes murderous game of cowboys and Indians — may give us our answer. They want to be someone other than who they are. That's the great irony of identity politics: They seek identity in the tribe because they are failed individuals. They are a chain composed exclusively of weak links. What they are engaged in isn't politics, but theater: play-acting in the hopes of achieving catharsis. Their online personas — knights, Vikings, reincarnations of Charles Martel — will be familiar enough to anybody with a Dungeons and Dragons* nerd in his life. But sometimes, role-playing around a card table isn't enough: Sometimes, you need a stage and an audience. In the theater, actors and audience both can forget ourselves for an hour or two. Under the soft glow of the tiki torches, these angry white boys can be something else — for a night. In the morning, they wake up with the same faces. And there is something in the faces. James Alex Fields Jr. has more than a little whiff of Dylann Roof about him, and we know what Dylann Roof wanted: to murder black people. Sometimes, it is worth taking angry white boys at their word.

------------
*low blow to D&D nerds here.  we're pretty happy, successful people, not having any trouble with who we are, enjoying a harmless game of social imagination...would rather spend time with D&D nerds than snotty journalists or nazi fargheads.  just sayin.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

I know where you're coming from but I'm 1000% convinced he doesn't. There's been an awakening. His base is his base but the undecided/moderates are fleeing. I don't think he gets out of the primaries.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on August 19, 2017, 09:13:58 AM

particularly insights like: 
QuoteWhat does an angry white boy really want? "A girlfriend," comes the mocking answer, and there's probably more to that than mockery. The proprietor of one of the nation's premier websites for neo-Nazi knuckleheads advised his colleagues in Charlottesville that, after the protest — which included a murder — "random girls will want to have sex with you." I ran this proposition past a few random girls, and I suspect that the apfelstrudelführers are going to go home disappointed. There are many shades of white, and Mom's-basement white is the least popular crayon in the box.

and

QuoteA great many of these young men have an interest in evolutionary psychology and evolutionary sociology — they like to think of themselves as "alpha males," as though they were living in a chimpanzee troop — but it never occurs to them to consider their own status as rejects and failed men in that context. Online fantasy lives notwithstanding, random girls do not want to have sex with them. How do we know this? Because they are carrying tiki torches in a giant dork parade in Charlottesville. There's no prom queen waiting at home. If we credit their own sociobiological model, they are the superfluous males who would have been discarded, along with their genetic material, by the pitiless state of nature. The fantasy of proving that they are something else is why they dream of violence and confrontation. They are the products of the soft liberal-democratic society they hold in contempt — and upon which they depend, utterly. James Alex Fields Jr. is angry at the world, and angry at his mother, probably for the same reason. What does an angry white boy want? The fact that they get together to play dress-up — to engage in a large and sometimes murderous game of cowboys and Indians — may give us our answer. They want to be someone other than who they are. That's the great irony of identity politics: They seek identity in the tribe because they are failed individuals. They are a chain composed exclusively of weak links. What they are engaged in isn't politics, but theater: play-acting in the hopes of achieving catharsis. Their online personas — knights, Vikings, reincarnations of Charles Martel — will be familiar enough to anybody with a Dungeons and Dragons* nerd in his life. But sometimes, role-playing around a card table isn't enough: Sometimes, you need a stage and an audience. In the theater, actors and audience both can forget ourselves for an hour or two. Under the soft glow of the tiki torches, these angry white boys can be something else — for a night. In the morning, they wake up with the same faces. And there is something in the faces. James Alex Fields Jr. has more than a little whiff of Dylann Roof about him, and we know what Dylann Roof wanted: to murder black people. Sometimes, it is worth taking angry white boys at their word.

------------
*low blow to D&D nerds here.  we're pretty happy, successful people, not having any trouble with who we are, enjoying a harmless game of social imagination...would rather spend time with D&D nerds than snotty journalists or nazi fargheads.  just sayin.

yeah i posted that the other day....its fabulous

Quote from: SD on August 19, 2017, 09:26:06 AM

I know where you're coming from but I'm 1000% convinced he doesn't. There's been an awakening. His base is his base but the undecided/moderates are fleeing. I don't think he gets out of the primaries.

i think whats way under represented is people who say nothing or even criticize trump but will definitely vote for him...thats why polls are worthless with him because even in something thats anonymous people still dont like saying "out loud" that they would vote for him

Rome

Evangelicals are not only NOT fleeing him; they're actively doubling down in support. 

They literally believe he was sent by Jesus to rescue them from Romes, stillupfronts and liberals.  Don't believe me - listen to the almost universal silence from them after Charlottesville. 

ice grillin you

they are they ultimate hypocrites....what those thugs did and represented in charlottesville is about as un jesus as you can get

Sgt PSN

His base isn't turning, but I think his "fringe" supporters are. These are the berniebots and killary crowd who voted for him for stupid reasons like "he's different" or "he's not killary." 

I saw a comment on friend's fb last night from one of his friends that stated she only voted for him because he said he was pro-life, but now regrets it because of all the other shtein. I think there are A LOT of people out there today who voted for him but feel the same way.

They latched on to a single issue with him, be it pro-life or jobs or the economy or drain the swamp or whatever, and now they're seeing that not only isn't he doing anything meaningful about that single issue that inspired them, but that he is just farging up everything he gets involved with.

Basically, all the people who were supposed to show up for Hillary but turned out for him instead are starting to have severe cases of buyers remorse. Better late than never I suppose.

Munson

Way less to do with his base, way more to do with Dem turnout. Dems need the young and the black people to turn out in 2020 in ways they didn't in 2016.

That also kind of goes hand in hand with voter suppression.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Sgt PSN

Yeah, in addition to people who unexpectedly flipped for Drumpf, there is also the very large segment of voters who just stayed the farg home.  That's a straight indictment of the Democratic party/Hillary more than anything else. They've got about 2.5 years to really get their shtein together and find a candidate or 2 who speaks to people rather than at them.

Rome

I love the pro-life hypocrisy from Trumpers the best. 

Over/under on the number of bimbos he had abort his bastich offspring?

Diomedes

Quote from: Diomedes on August 19, 2017, 09:13:58 AM

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 19, 2017, 10:17:26 AM
yeah i posted that the other day....its fabulous

:sly
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

ice grillin you