Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Rome

Rollins getting a paltry 12.9% of the vote while lillywhite hack Rolen getting elected tells you all you need to know about the BBWAA. 

It's an absolute farce. 

MDS

rolen cried about the phillies not spending enough and not enough talent around him...he was traded in 2002 -- 6 months later they signed jim thome, the new park was opening in 04, rollins was up and utley was on his way.

hes a babyback bitch who was a solid hitter (and tremendous defensively) at best. never finished in a top 3 in mvp voting. a complete farce he is in, but they put crappy ass craig biggio in so whatever.

Quote from: Rome on January 24, 2023, 07:49:19 PM
Rollins getting a paltry 12.9%

jimmy deserved 0% of the vote
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I hope that you're trolling about Jimmy.

I won't tolerate James Calvin Rollins slander sir.

He's a HOFer.

MDS

jimmy was a great player and is easily the #1 phillie ever but if you legit think he belongs in cooperstown you need help

this mightve been the most asinine homer thing youve ever said and this is saying something
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I've said worse. Give me some credit.

QB Eagles

The drug puritanism continues to be stupid. A Hall of Fame with Scott Rolen but not A-Rod or Manny is a complete joke. In time this will be viewed as madness.

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 24, 2023, 10:45:04 PM
I hope that you're trolling about Jimmy.

I won't tolerate James Calvin Rollins slander sir.

He's a HOFer.

100%

Better hitter than Larkin better fielding % than Ozzie Smith. MVP...won a world series while making some clutch hits.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: QB Eagles on January 25, 2023, 01:31:10 AM
The drug puritanism continues to be stupid. A Hall of Fame with Scott Rolen but not A-Rod or Manny is a complete joke. In time this will be viewed as madness.

The whole HOF has become a Hall Of Very Good judged by pretentious baseball writers. It has taken the shine off the HOF.

MDS

Quote from: Hurts_Defense_Superbowl on January 25, 2023, 05:01:36 AM
Better hitter than Larkin better fielding % than Ozzie Smith. MVP...won a world series while making some clutch hits.

barry larkin had a 116 OPS+ including 13 consecutive years over 100 where he averaged an .847 OPS.
jimmy rollins had a 95 OPS+ with 6 total seasons over 100 and just one of them over 104. he had 2 seasons with an OPS with over .800.

i am begging you to stop

SD

Quote from: MDS on January 25, 2023, 10:09:22 AM
Quote from: Hurts_Defense_Superbowl on January 25, 2023, 05:01:36 AM

barry larkin had a 116 OPS+ including 13 consecutive years over 100 where he averaged an .847 OPS.
jimmy rollins had a 95 OPS+ with 6 total seasons over 100 and just one of them over 104. he had 2 seasons with an OPS with over .800.

i am begging you to stop

Rollins scored more runs, had more hits, more stolen bases, more doubles, more triples, more home runs. But sure Larkin belongs and Rollins doesn't because he has a slightly lower OPS.

MDS

i never said larkin belongs. and his OPS is not "slightly" lower, its 72 points lower.

jimmy deserves a statue at the bank and the number retired, all that jazz. but he aint no hall of famer, not even by the standard that craig biggio got in

you stupid libs want to give a gold star to everyone nowadays

SD

Quote from: MDS on January 25, 2023, 03:59:33 PM
i never said larkin belongs. and his OPS is not "slightly" lower, its 72 points lower.

jimmy deserves a statue at the bank and the number retired, all that jazz. but he aint no hall of famer, not even by the standard that craig biggio got in

you stupid libs want to give a gold star to everyone nowadays

Here's hitting stats of every hof ss...his numbers would be top 1/3 in almost every category

https://www.baseball-almanac.com/hof/hofstss.shtml

Jimmy stats
https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/r/rolliji01.shtml

We can move onto fielding next if you'd like

MDS

being better than garbage like phil rizzuto and alan trammel does not qualify you

i watched jimmy's entire career and at no point did i ever think i was watching a generational talent or even a special player. except for that one season.

ice grillin you

jimmy is borderline but hes way more deserving than rolen so put him in...farging todd helton almost made it....put everyone in but no one before jimmy
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous