2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

the nl is weak, the dodgers are in complete disarray right now with their owners getting divorced.  phils have as good a shot as any at 3-peating in the nl.  full year of cliff lee = boner. 

btw, monty and co should just hand him a blank check right now. 

Yeti

After all the terrible losses with all our teams, why mommy, why does this one hurt me so bad?
"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

MDS

right now colorado is the competition. maybe san fran if they over haul the offense.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MDS on November 05, 2009, 12:03:12 AM
right now colorado is the competition. maybe san fran if they over haul the offense.

i don't think colorado does anything notable next year.  they went on 2 rediculous runs to get into the playoffs but i really haven't seen any sign of consistancy from them. 

sf could be quite good though.  i'd love to swap 3rd basemens with them.  not because i think sandoval is all that great, but feliz is just that bad.  plus, i can't wait to see the phillies fans form the panda express in the outfield seats. 

Yeti

Well at least i won't go to the grave without knowing what it was like to have one of my teams win one.

Hbionic

Rome

They had no one but Cliff Lee to go toe to toe with the Yankees and that's something Amaro is going to have to address in the offseason.   They're up against it with respect to payroll now and with Werth, Victorino and several others looking at major raises, I just don't see how they can bloat the payroll even further with a top of the line starter to go with Lee.

I don't know... the pitching staff was held together with bailing wire and they made it to game 6 of the Series.  Who knows?

I'm just tired and enraged at the moment.

Anyway - good season, terrible ending.  Goodnight girls.

PS: FUCH THE COWBOYS.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Yeti on November 05, 2009, 12:07:37 AM
Well at least i won't go to the grave without knowing what it was like to have one of my teams win one.

dude, you're like 60 years old.  where were you when they won it all in 1980......the farging yukon?

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on November 05, 2009, 12:03:12 AM

I was thinking Giants but they need a complete offensive overhaul.  Like Sarge said the Doyers are in total disarray and this NLCS loss was brutal on them.  Cardinals will always be around but is Larussa a lame duck?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: Yeti on November 05, 2009, 12:02:31 AM
After all the terrible losses with all our teams, why mommy, why does this one hurt me so bad?

You have a few hours?  I lived through the Sixers blowing a 2-0 lead on the Blazers in 77, Black Friday, Super Bowl XV, the loss to Tampa Bay, etc.  Savor last year.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Yeti

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 05, 2009, 12:09:18 AM
Quote from: Yeti on November 05, 2009, 12:07:37 AM

dude, you're like 60 years old.  where were you when they won it all in 1980......the farging yukon?

:-D Your mom wouldn't do me if I was that old.  1980 I was strictly Eagles.  I expanded to the other 3 in the 90's to increase my chances.  

Hbionic

MDS

top 5 people to blame for loss:

1. choke- didnt show up. cant win 4/7 without him. plain and simple.

2. hamels- blew ass this year, forced manuel to go with him in game 3, lost game 3, created stupid media story, is a Hoyda

3. rollins- didnt show up. cant win 4/7 without him. plain and simple.

4. lidge- farg you

5. manuel- left pedro in too long in game 2. didnt plan for damon steal in game 4. hit pedro feliz 7th in game 5. left pedro in to face matsui. brought in chad durbin. never hit carlos ruiz higher in the order. kept batting rollins first when he refused to get on base. never taught shane victorino how to play baseball.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

i think lidge is a bit of an easy target.  he had a bad year but looked good in the first 2 rounds of the playoffs and looked good for the first 2 outs in game 4.  when damon got to 3rd, for whatever reason lidge stopped throwing the slider and i have to believe that decision came from the dugout.  so if lidge isn't able to throw his best pitch, why does manuel leave him out there?

in fact, lidge is the only player who never got a 2nd chance in this series. 

Don Ho

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 04, 2009, 11:53:04 PM
farg hamels, farg howard, farg rollins, farg victorino, farg cholly, farg feliz, farg raul, farg cholly, farg a-fraud, farg texiera and  farg you

Don Jr. loved this post Sarge.   :-D

Don Ho

While Martinez put the Phillies in a hole, Durbin made it deeper in the fifth. The reliever faced four batters, allowing three runs on two hits and a walk as the Yankees built a 7-1 lead.  farging Durbin.