2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 04, 2009, 10:38:25 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 04, 2009, 10:35:33 PM
the modern day yankees are a farging joke.  they can't develop young talent so they just rape and piledge the rest of the league.  anyone can buy a world series as evidenced by the marlins and d-backs.  the only difference is that the yanks have the cash flow to sustain it. 

i have nothing but respect for the old yankee teams that won a bunch of championships because they mostly did it with homegrown talent.  guys like berra, mantle, gehrig, dimaggio, etc.  but the yankees of the last 15 years have bought championship after championship and the only players they've developed on their own are jeter, pettite and rivera. 

call me when they win one with a core group of their own players.   

couldnt be more wrong...this is the first title they have won that you could maybe say they bought...but even at that they still have jeter posada petitte ect...

lol....wade boggs, tino martinez, paul o'neil, mariano duncan, ruben sierra, chuck knoblock, david wells, david cone, scott brossius, darryl strawberry, doc gooden, hideki irabu, tim raines, chili davis, jeff nelson and roger clemens all say hi. 

i'm sure there are plenty more but those are mostly the everyday contributors and big name pitchers that i remember who the yankees bought for the title run  from 1996-2000. 

the only other notable homegrown talent on those teams was bernie williams and alfonso soriano. 

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 04, 2009, 10:58:16 PM
Quote from: MDS on November 04, 2009, 10:53:32 PM
marte has been sick. utley and choke werent doing anything.

BLAME JIMMY ROLLINS YOU fargING COWARD HAVAS. HE fargING BLOWS.

jimmys the man and always will be...he could ground out for the next ten years and his met shtein talking and backing it up with an mvp would still trump all

youre such a farging joke. what a hypocritical statement. i dont even know where to begin...
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on November 04, 2009, 10:58:33 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on November 04, 2009, 10:55:55 PM
i cant help it if you are a homer and get your feelings hurt over the truth...blame the umps it will make you feel better

Yeah, it's me acting like a smug icehole who loves nothing more than to tell a random group of strangers I told you so.

Dio's right... you're a caricature.  Enjoy your "victory".

never said told you so once...just giving my breakdowns...i cant help it if you dont like them but somehow dont have a problem with phreak or don or whoever else calling the team a bunch of losers bums and pieces of shtein ad nauseum...why doesnt that bother you??
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

LBIggle

mpmcgraw

Quote from: MDS on November 04, 2009, 11:00:17 PM

jimmys the man and always will be...he could ground out for the next ten years and his met shtein talking and backing it up with an mvp would still trump all

youre such a farging joke. what a hypocritical statement. i dont even know where to begin...
race and showmanship>performance is basically how it works with igy. 

phillymic2000

Quote from: Rome on November 04, 2009, 10:54:24 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on November 04, 2009, 10:52:00 PM
pick a yankee batter out of a hat and guarantee he gets a hit there

Why the farg are you acting like this?  Do you get off pissing people off and acting like a know it all icehole every second you're here?

Good God shut the hell up.

Because his predictions only come true now and then, you can't expect him to act like he's been there before. He's like bowzer today bragging about the Repubs winning 2 races.

Don Ho

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 04, 2009, 11:00:23 PM
Quote from: Rome on November 04, 2009, 10:58:33 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on November 04, 2009, 10:55:55 PM
i cant help it if you are a homer and get your feelings hurt over the truth...blame the umps it will make you feel better

Yeah, it's me acting like a smug icehole who loves nothing more than to tell a random group of strangers I told you so.

Dio's right... you're a caricature.  Enjoy your "victory".

never said told you so once...just giving my breakdowns...i cant help it if you dont like them but somehow dont have a problem with phreak or don or whoever else calling the team a bunch of losers bums and pieces of shtein ad nauseum...why doesnt that bother you??

Phreak and I negative?  Nah.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

Quote from: jihadist monk on November 04, 2009, 11:02:16 PM
Quote from: MDS on November 04, 2009, 11:00:17 PM

race and showmanship>performance is basically how it works with igy. 

i love jimmy but hes had 1 hit this playoffs. 1. it was big, yes. but its not farging rocket science to say he needs to get on for the offense to go. and hes hasnt. a lot of this is on him but when youre a coward like igy he gets a free pass but utley gets killed. this would be a sweep without utley you farging moron.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Sgt PSN

i'm not going to start hating on rollins all of a sudden but dude has laid an epic egg this series.  just like nearly everyone else.  he's still my guy though. 

speaking of performance, how about that gritty strikeout with runners on?  his 5 hr are awesome, but other than the 3run shot in game 5, he's been just as horrible with runners on base as everyone else on this team.  in fact, i don't think he has a hit other than the home runs. 

i still love me some grit too, but the 5 hr's are a bit misleading in regards to his perfomance as a whole.   

Rome

Show all the washed up has-been corksucking celebrities.

Awesome.

Don Ho

Don Ho

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 04, 2009, 10:59:44 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on November 04, 2009, 10:38:25 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 04, 2009, 10:35:33 PM
the modern day yankees are a farging joke.  they can't develop young talent so they just rape and piledge the rest of the league.  anyone can buy a world series as evidenced by the marlins and d-backs.  the only difference is that the yanks have the cash flow to sustain it. 

i have nothing but respect for the old yankee teams that won a bunch of championships because they mostly did it with homegrown talent.  guys like berra, mantle, gehrig, dimaggio, etc.  but the yankees of the last 15 years have bought championship after championship and the only players they've developed on their own are jeter, pettite and rivera. 

call me when they win one with a core group of their own players.   

couldnt be more wrong...this is the first title they have won that you could maybe say they bought...but even at that they still have jeter posada petitte ect...

lol....wade boggs, tino martinez, paul o'neil, mariano duncan, ruben sierra, chuck knoblock, david wells, david cone, scott brossius, darryl strawberry, doc gooden, hideki irabu, tim raines, chili davis, jeff nelson and roger clemens all say hi. 

i'm sure there are plenty more but those are mostly the everyday contributors and big name pitchers that i remember who the yankees bought from 1996-2000. 

the only other notable homegrown talent on those teams was bernie williams and alfonso soriano. 

youre joking right??

name another team that can match a home grown set of players like the following that have all essentially been there from the beginning...filling in your team with some free agents doesnt not = buying a championship

jeter - postseason legend
bernie - postseason legend
rivera - best reliever ever
petitte - all time post season wins leader
posada

whose had better home grown talent than that thats won the world series?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous