2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBIggle

they only need to hold them to nothing here and score at least 3 runs next inning to have any shot in hell. why did howard finally decide to do anything.

ice grillin you

Quote from: LBIggle on November 04, 2009, 10:24:08 PM
they only need to hold them to nothing here and score at least 3 runs next inning to have any shot in hell. why did howard finally decide to do anything.

so funny when he was like "come on lets go" like hes the only one doing anything
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

lol @ howard hitting the most meaningless hr in ws history.  farging clown. 

phillymic2000

So if the Phillies are one of the worst W.S. champs ever, then what does it make the Yankees if they beat the Phils?

LBIggle

ice grillin you

Quote from: phillymic2000 on November 04, 2009, 10:26:26 PM
So if the Phillies are one of the worst W.S. champs ever, then what does it make the Yankees if they beat the Phils?

you cant say they are one of the worst anymore now that they got back to the series

LBIggle

their a very good team.  just not great.  they need to make some moves.  the supporting cast failed them this year.  bullpen, setup guys.  i think pedro actually had a few clutch hits in last years series.  not that his bat makes the difference, cuz it'd be nice if choke wasn't a retarded farging icehole for 6 games but maybe if the leadoff hitters actually did their job and got on there's people on base for some of those HR's.   maybe if the bullpen didn't totally suck farging shtein, they stay in some of these games till the end and make a move.  coulda, shoulda, woulda.    bullpen needs to be gutted and there needs to be some competition for 3b and LF. 

Eaglez

This team has still accomplished some pretty cool stuff over the years and I think I'll look back and remember all that they accomplished, but sometimes you have to tip your hat when you get beat by a team that just played better at key moments.

Down 4 runs now.  They got an outside chance to make some noise late, but I may be now trying to come to grips with disappointment so it doesn't hurt it as much later. 

Sgt PSN

the modern day yankees are a farging joke.  they can't develop young talent so they just rape and piledge the rest of the league.  anyone can buy a world series as evidenced by the marlins and d-backs.  the only difference is that the yanks have the cash flow to sustain it. 

i have nothing but respect for the old yankee teams that won a bunch of championships because they mostly did it with homegrown talent.  guys like berra, mantle, gehrig, dimaggio, etc.  but the yankees of the last 15 years have bought championship after championship and the only players they've developed on their own are jeter, pettite and rivera. 

call me when they win one with a core group of their own players.   

PhillyPhreak54

Its gut check time.

Can these slimeballs string together a good inning? Can they actually work a pitcher?

And maybe get a walk, single, walk, double?

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 04, 2009, 10:35:33 PM
the modern day yankees are a farging joke.  they can't develop young talent so they just rape and piledge the rest of the league.  anyone can buy a world series as evidenced by the marlins and d-backs.  the only difference is that the yanks have the cash flow to sustain it. 

i have nothing but respect for the old yankee teams that won a bunch of championships because they mostly did it with homegrown talent.  guys like berra, mantle, gehrig, dimaggio, etc.  but the yankees of the last 15 years have bought championship after championship and the only players they've developed on their own are jeter, pettite and rivera. 

call me when they win one with a core group of their own players.   

couldnt be more wrong...this is the first title they have won that you could maybe say they bought...but even at that they still have jeter posada petitte ect...

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

lol god how farging awful is francisco? this bench is beyond horrendous.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

manuel batting ruiz 9th is just killing them. what a farging old piece of shtein.

LBIggle

so farging glad pedro feliz is batting 7th instead of carlos ruiz.