2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I've never seen this team so effing tight.   Werth didn't even think of swinging.

Nice job by Guitar Hero with the double.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: Rome on November 04, 2009, 10:14:13 PM
I've never seen this team so effing tight.   Werth didn't even think of swinging.

Nice job by Guitar Hero with the double.

Werth looked totally beat up there.  Jesus, wake up.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 04, 2009, 10:11:16 PM
Quote from: Eaglez on November 04, 2009, 10:07:23 PM
The Phils were a mixed bag this Series.  Sometimes they showed flashes of how well they've played in the post-season and other times they went into a shell.  Not sure what to make out of it other than they are just getting beat by a better team both on paper and in terms of execution.

not really....they got one of the great pitching performances in WS history in one game and then had a good three innings against a guy who had no chance due to pitching on three days rest in another game...in bwtn those two things they have been completely outclassed

They're one out away from leading the series 3-2.

Stop it, for the love of Christ... just farging stop with this bullshtein.

PhillyPhreak54

I told my girlfriend that they would make it like 7-5 just to twist the knife around a little deeper before losing.

COME ON FELIZ!!!!

A glimmer of hope. A poke shot to RCF. Get Ibanez home.

Any way possible, get his ass home.

Jabba wants no part of him and will pitch him outside. ANd he will probably roll over and ground out

LBIggle

rollins doesn't get to skate either.  he's been a non factor and lead off hitter is definitely one of the areas they have been out shined in this series. 

Rome

LBIggle

yet again, good thing pedro feliz is hitting 7th.  how many times has this failed so far this series.

phillymic2000

phillymic2000

LBIggle

i never want to see that stupid farging flag spick again.  i don't give a shtein how average his glove is.  get the farg out of here.

Rome

You have got to be farging kidding me leaving that piece of shtein in there.

There is no conceivable way you let Feliz bat.  I don't care who you replace him with or how badly his feelings are hurt.  YOU PULL HIM OUT.

icehole.

PhillyPhreak54

Yep, just like I thought. Jabba goes away, away, away and Feliz kindly obliges by weakly grounding out.

Way to be charitable, you miserable farging bum.

Eaglez

Quote from: Rome on November 04, 2009, 10:15:51 PM
The Phils were a mixed bag this Series.  Sometimes they showed flashes of how well they've played in the post-season and other times they went into a shell.  Not sure what to make out of it other than they are just getting beat by a better team both on paper and in terms of execution.

not really....they got one of the great pitching performances in WS history in one game and then had a good three innings against a guy who had no chance due to pitching on three days rest in another game...in bwtn those two things they have been completely outclassed

I'm not sure how a tie going into the bottom of the 9th with the best closer in post-season history on the mound equals a win, but I'd concede that they were definitely in Game 4 and they had a chance.  But what happened?  The Yankees came up with clutch hits with 2 outs and RISP and the Phils haven't.  Look back at this series and I think it's pretty clear that when the Yankees had runners on they did a better job than the Phils in bringing them home.  Also when the Phils have put together innings it seems like the Yanks answered right back.

I'm not willing to say that the Phils completely shtein the bed this Series, but they definitely weren't as clutch as the Yankees have been for most of the series in key spots.  Either it was a fielding miscue or the bullpen didn't pitch as well to keep them in the game, etc.  They just didn't put together a complete team effort outside of Game 1 and that's why they are where they are. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eaglez on November 04, 2009, 10:22:36 PM
Quote from: Rome on November 04, 2009, 10:15:51 PM
The Phils were a mixed bag this Series.  Sometimes they showed flashes of how well they've played in the post-season and other times they went into a shell.  Not sure what to make out of it other than they are just getting beat by a better team both on paper and in terms of execution.

I'm not sure how a tie going into the bottom of the 9th with the best closer in post-season history on the mound equals a win, but I'd concede that they were definitely in Game 4 and they had a chance.  But what happened?  The Yankees came up with clutch hits with 2 outs and RISP and the Phils haven't.  Look back at this series and I think it's pretty clear that when the Yankees had runners on they did a better job than the Phils in bringing them home.  Also when the Phils have put together innings it seems like the Yanks answered right back.

I'm not willing to say that the Phils completely shtein the bed this Series, but they definitely weren't as clutch as the Yankees have been for most of the series in key spots.  Either it was a fielding miscue or the bullpen didn't pitch as well to keep them in the game, etc.  They just didn't put together a complete team effort outside of Game 1 and that's why they are where they are.  

they definitely didnt shtein the bed....they played they best they could against a superior team....like i said outclassed
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous