2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eaglez

Yeah this team is just a bunch of guys who take way too many big rips at the ball and aren't willing to string ABs together and take what pitchers give them.  It was probably going to catch up to them sooner rather than later. 

And even if Lidge keeps it a tie, it's just speculation whether the Phils score later on or what happens.  It's not like he blew a save.  He came in a tie game and couldn't get the final strike. 

The Phils were a mixed bag this Series.  Sometimes they showed flashes of how well they've played in the post-season and other times they went into a shell.  Not sure what to make out of it other than they are just getting beat by a better team both on paper and in terms of execution.

phillymic2000

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 04, 2009, 10:04:58 PM
Quote from: LBIggle on November 04, 2009, 09:59:51 PM
its sad how much less competitive the NL is from the AL.

just be glad boston didnt beat tampa last year....or the city wouldnt even have what it has now...had they beaten the yankees it would have been the greatest thing thats ever happened in philly sports...but lets be honest it was a pipe dream....that said no one can ever take away the magic that was last year...ill never forget the streak being broken...

the sad thing for the phils is that they wont ever have a win for themselves because their title will largely be known as the city winning not the team

Drama Queen at it again  :-D

Don Ho

This is going to be the longest hour+ with Joe Buck filling dead air time in a 7-1 blowout.  "Andy Pettitte took a shtein this morning at 10:47 AM."
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

phillymic2000

Don Ho

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eaglez on November 04, 2009, 10:07:23 PM
The Phils were a mixed bag this Series.  Sometimes they showed flashes of how well they've played in the post-season and other times they went into a shell.  Not sure what to make out of it other than they are just getting beat by a better team both on paper and in terms of execution.

not really....they got one of the great pitching performances in WS history in one game and then had a good three innings against a guy who had no chance due to pitching on three days rest in another game...in bwtn those two things they have been completely outclassed
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

LBIggle

Quote from: Eaglez on November 04, 2009, 10:07:23 PM
Yeah this team is just a bunch of guys who take way too many big rips at the ball and aren't willing to string ABs together and take what pitchers give them.  It was probably going to catch up to them sooner rather than later. 

And even if Lidge keeps it a tie, it's just speculation whether the Phils score later on or what happens.  It's not like he blew a save.  He came in a tie game and couldn't get the final strike. 

the yankees are just better.. like igy said they got lucky they ran into the rays last year.  its no coincidence the phils get creamed in interleague every year.  i'm happy they broke the streak, but this team isn't legacy worthy yet.

Sgt PSN

i don't remember the last time i've turned the tv off before the end of a phils game.  even a meaningless game in may let alone a farging ws game but i just can't watch that farging crap and i refuse to watch ny celebrate. 

phillymic2000

Luckily for us, or pitching will hold the yanks the rest of the way.

Don Ho

Nice catch by the fan as the dude behind him had him in a stranglehold.

Don Ho

Sgt PSN