2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

at least matsui is really likeable...if this was a-rod cutting them up it would be sickening
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eaglez on November 04, 2009, 09:58:07 PM
Happ would have probably got his ass torn apart by Matsui too so we can probably put that "OMG why didn't Cholly put Happ in with the bases loaded" shtein to rest. 

he might have he might not have.....doesnt change the fact that it was a horrible move anyway you look at it

LBIggle

they haven't shown any heart the entire series, what made you think they were going to start now.

they won game 1 and thought they had it wrapped up.  they got cocky and got stomped down by an actual baseball team.  its sad how much less competitive the NL is from the AL.

phillymic2000

Don Ho

I know it's only the 5th inning but Yankee Stadium isn't that crazy.  
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Eaglez

Yeah you don't know if Happ would have made the same pitches in the same sequence, but Matsui seems locked in tonight that I'm not sure if a pitching change would have mattered.  He has been smoking everything, including his foul balls earlier in the night.  He's definitely a dangerous hitter when he's locked in.

mpmcgraw

Quote from: LBIggle on November 04, 2009, 09:59:51 PM
they haven't shown any heart the entire series, what made you think they were going to start now.

they won game 1 and thought they had it wrapped up.  they got cocky and got stomped down by an actual baseball team.  its sad how much less competitive the NL is from the AL.
O shut up. 

Brad Lidge doesn't pitch in Game 4 and its a 2-2 series and who knows what happens then. 

phillymic2000

Quote from: Eaglez on November 04, 2009, 10:01:01 PM
Yeah you don't know if Happ would have made the same pitches in the same sequence, but Matsui seems locked in tonight that I'm not sure if a pitching change would have mattered.  He has been smoking everything, including his foul balls earlier in the night.  He's definitely a dangerous hitter when he's locked in.

thanks for the insight.

Don Ho

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

And so it ends. And so it was. And so I wish cancer to all japs.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

its sad how much less competitive the NL is from the AL.

just be glad boston didnt beat tampa last year....or the city wouldnt even have what it has now...had they beaten the yankees it would have been the greatest thing thats ever happened in philly sports...but lets be honest it was a pipe dream....that said no one can ever take away the magic that was last year...ill never forget the streak being broken...

the sad thing for the phils is that they wont ever have a win for themselves because their title will largely be known as the city winning not the team

LBIggle

Quote from: jihadist monk on November 04, 2009, 10:01:57 PM

O shut up. 

Brad Lidge doesn't pitch in Game 4 and its a 2-2 series and who knows what happens then. 

lol, and if hamels doesn't pitch in game 3 and if howard knew how to hit a baseball and if and if and if and if......

they look beat and they look shook.  how many times has victorino misplayed a routine popup this year?  their not making plays.. their not clutch.. their not champs.