2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Yep, part of the game.

There were accusations about this awhile back too. I don't recall which team said it (the douchey Mets maybe).

Tomorrow night can't get here fast enough

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

It's literally all I've been thinking about since game 5 ended. Easily the most excited I've been for a game ever. The epicness of this is off the charts. To not only beat the Yankees, but to come back from 3-1, win 2 in the Bronx with the pitching that they'll have can never be topped. Might as well cancel sports cause it will never get better than that.

But the key will be wearing down Pettitte. While Burnett you had to attack, Pettitte is a nibbler. His location should be off, so he'll get sloppy and try to junk his way through. farging Rollins and Hacktorino better take some god damn pitches and wear him down. Even if they leave a lot of runners on (which may happen, given how he pitches), getting him out the game by 5 or 6 will be huge.

Then, of course, what the farg is Pedro gonna do.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Exactly.

When they had Pettitte on the ropes in his last start, they let him off easy. I think after seeing him and knowing how he's likely to go after them, they will adjust.

Jimmy's AB against Burnett was key. He worked him for 6 pitches and got the one he wanted. That is what he has to do tonight - set the tone. Work him. All of them need to work him and stay disciplined. That's hard for them to do sometimes, but they can do it, as evidenced by how many walks they take.

They HAVE to get to him by the 6th. Because if the Yankees go into the 7th with a lead, we will see Rivera. I would bet that Girardi uses him with 2 outs in the 7th if need be. And if he's not totally crazy, we will definitely see him in the 8th.

* Can Howard wake up? Can he lay off the slider? My bet is they will pitch around Utley.
* Can they make him throw pitches? Maybe +50 by the 3rd?
* If Howard cannot break out, it falls to Werth.

I think Werth is going to tee off once or twice on him.

MDS

Pettitte isn't going to give into Choke. He'll throw him slop and the best we can hope for is a walk or a bloop base hit or whatever. Basically a very slim chance of success. It really falls on Werth. He needs to come through.

Damnit play this game now! I have a feeling this is gonna be a laugher. Like they jump on Pettitte and Pedro does his thing. I shouldn't be confident, but I kind of am.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

of all the teams to ever face a 3-1 deficit, the phils had to feel good about their chances when gerardi decided to go with burnett on 3 days rest because that all but guaranteed that every starter the phils see for the remainder of the series will be going on short rest.  and they have to be feeling pretty confident after jumping all over burnett early.  pettite pitched a simiar game as burnett in game 2.....they had them both on the ropes early but just couldn't cash in.  2nd time they saw burnett, they lit his ass up so hopefully they can do the same with pettite tomorrow.  i'm really not too concerned with cc if it goes to 7 because the phils have had decent success against him in the past and it's damn tough for a pitcher to be successfull against the same team when they've seen him 3x in 7 games.  of course, the same could be said for lee vs yanks in game 7 also which is concerning. 

of course, if the phils don't pull it out tomorrow then the point is mutated. 

Don Ho

I don't think anything will ever replace how I felt waiting for game 5 part 1 last season.  I only had to wait until 3 PM Hawaii time for the game but I was going ape shtein.  I was climbing the wall and was worse than an expectant father pacing my office.  I remember being terrified of having to go back to that shtein box Tropicana Field and possibly having the series at 3-3. 

I'm excited and anxious but still fuming over Cole on Halloween night and the 9th inning meltdown on Sunday.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

bowzer

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Worst chop ever.

And LOL at Park.  Is he eyeing a role in a Korean gangster movie?

MDS

ho chi jap looks killer. hopefully charlie lets him go more than inning cause hes been about the only trustworthy guy in the pen

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MDS on November 04, 2009, 02:58:27 PM
ho chi jap looks killer. hopefully charlie lets him go more than inning cause hes been about the only trustworthy guy in the pen

since the dh will be in play, i can def see him going more than 1 inning since there's no need to worry about the pitcher's spot in the batting order. 

MDS

Game 6 lineup: Rollins SS, Victorino CF, Utley 2B, Howard 1B, Werth RF, Ibanez DH, Feliz 3B, Francisco LF, Ruiz C.