2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Cole was just on CSN and said in the locker room that he didn't realize what he said the other night and was taken out of context, but he was sorta fumbling through it...

mpmcgraw

Quote from: jihadist monk on October 28, 2009, 01:14:08 AM
If Utley can start to come around he could have one of the biggest world series ever.

Short porches get raped by Utley, if I didn't know any better I'd say he was aiming for them.
Man I'm good.

Utley is carrying this offense. 

LBIggle

it doesn't matter who pitches any of the games.  the entire farging offense (paging victorino, and howard) better show up in the bronx ready to beat some heads in or their going to get laughed out of the stadium.  either way you slice it.. asking pedro to pitch against this offense again on the road and expecting another good start is a tall order no matter what his experience is.  hopefully he can do it, but at some point your going to the bullpen that is certain.  and as i think MDS said earlier, it's eerily reminiscent of '93 if they have the lead they'll need to have a shot.  if they pull it off you still have the big fat vagina going in game 7 who can't be trusted for shtein.. and a dog shtein tired cliff lee.  i guess you pull cole in until the first sign of trouble.  then you put lee in.  then hoe cheese.  its a 1 game playoff and i'd put this team against any in a 1 gamer. lets get it on. 

bottom line is the real big game is wed.  if they pull that off i think the momentum is massively on the phils side.  they can hit CC which has been proven..  especially on short rest.  the plus is i think vagina face might actually be due for a big game.  he really can't do any worst.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

just heard on mike and mike that brett myers and cole hamels had a minor confrontation after the game last night.  apparently, myers walked by hamels after the game and said "what are you doing here?  i thought you quit."

coleleen done went and pissed of the wife beater.  watch out cole......myers ain't slapped a bitch in 2 weeks.

Seabiscuit36

i love it, add to that that Colleen told ESPN that he hasnt slept since Saturday.  Maybe this is the fire he needs
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Eaglez

Yeah I can't imagine Cole has many friends in the locker room right now.  There was nothing said that could be taken out of context.  He wants to quit.  He was probably harboring those emotions for awhile and now he just let them slip by his tongue.  Dude needs to get a new disposition during the off-season.  He doesn't know how to handle adversity very well.  Maybe giving him all that money in the off-season was a bad idea because he seems content with just winning one World Series when he may never get the opportunity again to win 2.

PhillyGirl

I say ship his ass to a sports shrink. Tell him he'll lose his starting job if he doesn't go and get his shtein figured out (in the offseason).

And btw...my love for Myers just was renewed with that story. If Myers had the talent of Hamels, he'd be a perennial All Star because he has such a fire and desire to win.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Eaglez on November 03, 2009, 08:18:08 AM
Yeah I can't imagine Cole has many friends in the locker room right now.  There was nothing said that could be taken out of context.  He wants to quit.  He was probably harboring those emotions for awhile and now he just let them slip by his tongue.  Dude needs to get a new disposition during the off-season.  He doesn't know how to handle adversity very well.  Maybe giving him all that money in the off-season was a bad idea because he seems content with just winning one World Series when he may never get the opportunity again to win 2.

there's a surgery out there for that.  it's called an addadicktome

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 03, 2009, 08:25:09 AM
kill dogs = POS

beat women = firery

No, he's an absolute dickbag for beating his wife.

I meant on the field.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

Sgt PSN

i think they were just having meetings on the mound to figure out exactly how much money the next would actually cost the steinbrenners

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 03, 2009, 07:08:54 AM
just heard on mike and mike that brett myers and cole hamels had a minor confrontation after the game last night.  apparently, myers walked by hamels after the game and said "what are you doing here?  i thought you quit."

coleleen done went and pissed of the wife beater.  watch out cole......myers ain't slapped a bitch in 2 weeks.

My boy Brett Myers ready to kill him...I love it.

PhillyPhreak54

QuotePHILADELPHIA – Phillies pitchers Brett Myers(notes) and Cole Hamels(notes) had a short but tense confrontation in the team's clubhouse following Game 5 of the World Series, according to one witness, words that stemmed from Hamels' recent statement that he was eager for his season to end.

As Myers walked past Hamels near Hamels' locker he said, mocking, "What are you doing here? I thought you quit."

Hamels, the witness said, responded with an expletive.

Before the situation escalated, Myers was guided away by a team official.

lololol....I can just imagine Cole's explextive; tinged with the effeminate lisp and high pitched voice.

"Ssstop Brett. shtein!"